Secret Itineraries Tour at Doge's Palace Venice

Does anyone know if the scheduled tour of the Doge's Palace (for the Week in Venice, Florence, Rome trip) includes the secret itineraries tour? It includes hidden passageways, the doge's private apartment, etc. and we definitely want to make sure we see that part. Not sure if we need to book that tour on our own or not?

Comments

• I've been on the tour (2007) and I don't remember seeing the secret itinerary that you mentioned. Maybe you can call Tauck and find out. If you do find out please let me know. I'm taking the tour again this May. It sounds interesting! Thanks!
  • I asked about this when we did this tour and it was not included and we were sorry to have missed it. Good luck!
  • We are arriving in Venice 1 day early, and since we didn't know exactly what our schedule would be with the tour group, we decided to book the Secret Itineraries tour for day 1 of the trip (since the Tauck itinerary for that day does not start until 6 p.m.)

Tours are available daily at 9:55, 10:45, and 11:35 and you need to book them in advance. They last 75 minutes and cost $37/person. I used the website selectitaly.com in order to pay in US Dollars.

Hope this is helpful!
  • The secret itinerary is not that popular and really just more of the same. Local guides don't rate this option as must see.
  • Personally I found the Secret Itineraries Tour more interesting than the rest of the Doge's Palace. I think local guides do not rate it because they do not get to work it. It is done only by a guided tour.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file