Options

Paradors of Northern Spain

We are traveling Paradors of N. Spain on Aug. 21, 2015, would like some advice on what type of clothing to pack. Have read some conflicting reports as what to wear and not to wear, shorts vs long pants for men, when women should cover shoulders. Also types of shoes. We would like some advice from some previous travelers in Aug.-Sept. time frame.

Comments

• Options
    My husband & I are also on the August 21 trip. We did the Art of Living tour 2 years ago (Barcelona to Paris) so I can tell you what we experienced on that trip. First of all, the weather will be hot so be sure to take that into consideration. I wore shorts (to the knees), capris, & skirts, brought along a couple of sun dresses for a few of the evening events - nothing too fancy - something I could dress up with jewelry, etc. I bring along a pashmina or scarf for the churches - and they did tell us at the time when or if we needed to be covered. Pashmina is also good for the bus in case the AC is too cold! ;-) My husband wore bermuda shorts, tee-shirts and collared short sleeve shirts. He brought a sport jacket, slacks and dress shirt for the farewell dinner. He opted for no tie, but it is whatever you are comfortable wearing. As far as shoes, I prefer a closed toe walking shoe as there is a bit of walking involved on uneven ground (cobblestones, etc.) I also bring sandals for evening events. I pack a small umbrella and travel raincoat, because you never know! This will be our 4th trip and we have found them all to be very casual and relaxed as far as dress is concerned.
    We are looking forward to another great trip! See you soon!
    Rona

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file