October 18, 2015 Venice, Florence & Rome

Hi fellow Tauck travelers!
This is our first Tauck tour and extremely excited. Any one else signed up for October 18-25th, 2015?
We are planning on arriving one day early in Venice and staying two extra days in Rome.
Looking for recommendations during our stay in Rome? Since we are traveling with our 2 sons (ages 25, 27) we thought possibly an additional wine tasting excursion, or something different versus museums.
BTW, love the Venice Pub Crawl idea for our first night.

Comments

• Hi

My husband and I took this trip 3 years ago. You will love it..... amazing. We also just returned from Rome and Amalfi Coast..... equally amazing. I have some suggestions for your family for Rome. The first is the Scavi tour (necropolis under St. Peters... reservations a must via the Vatican) and then a wine tasting/dinner at Roscioli. Check out their website to reserve. We met people from around the world, ate great, simple food and had wonderful wine. It was a lot of fun and
    informative as well. We also added time at the beginning and end of our trips. This time we took the train from Rome to Orvieto for Fathers Day. Its about an hour or so from Rome.

Happy travels!
  • Hi Shegster,
    I was the one who originally posted about the Venice pub crawl-so much fun. We are doing World Cities...Rome, leaving on July 19th. I read about a food/wine tour in Rome from a company called Eating Italy, they offer 3 different tours of 2 different areas of Rome, 2 during the day & 1 at twilight. They stop at about 10-12 different places & sound like a lot of fun. Unfortunately by the time I read about them the one we could do in our time frame was sold out:( The website is www.eatingitalyfoodtours.com. I check back daily to see if anyone cancelled but so far no luck. Anyway, you will love your trip, it was one of our favorite Tauck trips (& we leave on #9 in 2 weeks). If you get Giorgio as your guide you are set as he is the BEST ever. If you have any questions feel free to ask, have a great time!!
  • Thanks for your feedback. You both were very helpful. Have either of you heard of Rome Cavalieri Waldorf Astoria? By the way, need2travel1, wishing you a fabulous trip... I believe you are leaving soon. I will look into Eating Italy, sounds like this is exactly what we would like to do during our two extra nights in Rome.
  • Hi Shegster!
    I'm going on the Oct 18-25 Heart of Italy tour! I'm going solo...first time to Italy! I will also be arriving a day early in Venice. See you soon!
  • Just about 4 weeks away. Looking forward to an amazing trip to Venice, Florence and Rome. This is our first Tauck trip. Any tips from fellow Tauck travelers? Has anyone booked anything different on their own when we have free time?
  • Hi Fellow Travelers!! I'm Julie from the Seattle area and my boyfriend Ken and I are getting excited to be meeting you all for our week in Italy! I am celebrating my big "5-0" bday and being in Venice on this day was on my bucket list! I'm sure it will be an amazing adventure. How can it miss???.. good people, great wine and food and beautiful country to explore! We are starting our trip a few days early in Paris to maximize the whole Europe experience! Ciao for now! See you all on the 18th!
  • Shegster wrote:
    Just about 4 weeks away. Looking forward to an amazing trip to Venice, Florence and Rome. This is our first Tauck trip. Any tips from fellow Tauck travelers? Has anyone booked anything different on their own when we have free time?
    Florence found the baptisy amazing
    Rome ask TD ABOUT ROMAN FORUM IF YOU WANT TO SEE IT (We went free on combo ticket for collusem)
    Venice explore outside the tourist area. I found it amazing.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file