Options

Budapest to Amsterdam Oct 4

anyone have suggestions regarding currency in Budapest (we arrive a day early, so will be looking for a restaurant, at least) and clothing on the cruise during the first 2 weeks in October?

also looking for fellow travelers!??

Comments

• Options
    Hi DocB
    You can probably get by without getting local currency in Budapest. We were able to use our chipped Visa credit card in both restaurants and retail stores when we were there this Spring. If you do decide to get some Forints you should remember to use those remaining to pay for charges at your hotel since you will not be able to spend them after the ship leaves Budapest.

Have A Great Cruise.

Greg Jones
  • Options
    Hubby and I are on the trip with you in Oct and also in Budapest a day early. I have explored restaurants close to the hotel through Trip Advisor. Also have found some wonderful looking bakeries close by. A one hour night river trip sounds interesting too as the city is supposed to be beautiful at night. What are you planning to do in the free day besides recoup from the airplane trip?
  • Options
    My wife and I are also on the Oct 4 trip and arriving a day early. Would love to find out about things to do in our extra Budapest day and maybe meet some fellow travelers. Also, does anyone know what the river levels are like and if they will impact the trip? I know some were running lower this summer.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file