Options

River Cruising - Russia??

Is Tauck working on a St. Petersurg to Moscow Rivercruise Itinerary? One trip I really want to do. After travelling with Tauck, I'd love to do that trip the "Tauck way". Peg B.

Comments

• Options
    That cruise is very interesting - I did that with another company but wish I had had the "Tauck experience."

I wish Tauck would put together a trip to Rwanda to view the gorillas.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Hi PegB,

I don't believe we have anything like that slated for 2012; to get up-to-date information on 2013 and out, I advise you to email us at info@tauck.com

I hope this helps,
    Tim
  • Options
    Hi Tim and Peg B,

We have taken over 17 tours with Tauck and when we asked our last Tour Director about a river cruise in Russia, we were told that Russia is a very difficult market. The Russian have complete control over every phase of travel on the Volga. We just returned from a river cruise on a competitor's line which was advertised as the "most luxurious ship" on the Volga. We had a Motel 6 experience but paid a lot for that river boat cruise. They rationed bottled water, toilet paper, food, had sewerage problems and A/C problems. etc. This ship had been completely redone and was owned by a Russian company. The sights were fabulous and the young Russian girls working as aides to the tour guides or in the restaurants were wonderful. The California tour company kept blaming the Russians for our bad experience. When we returned, we booked another Tauck Tour for August 2012 going from Bucharest to Budapest.

Sheila
This discussion has been closed.