Options

Galapagos Islands

Considering Tauck's tour to the Galapagos. Was wondering if anybody has taken the trip and can give me any insight on what the boat M/V Santa Cruz is like. Are accomadations comfortable and how is the food? Is the water rough traveling to the different islands? What about the last leg of the trip from Tower Island to San Cristobal Island where you are on the Pacific Ocean for about 2 1/2 hrs. Would we get seasick on that part of the trip? This might make or break the trip. We are planning this for the end of July.

Comments

• Options
    Hi,

We were in the Galapagos Islands in 2003 on a 110 ft motor sailor that accommodated 14 guests. An awesome experience.

Water is calm. You can probably Google the boat name and obtain info.

Water temp best Dec-March, their summer. No need for wet suits. We snorkeled twice a day for at least one hour and it was an amazing experience to encounter white tip sharks (they don't eat humans), penguins, seals, in the water, as well as the multi colored fish.

Go!
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    I never visit there but i heard lots about Galápagos Islands and its surrounding waters. If i got a chance to go there i definately don't missed that chance.
  • Options
    Sandy, we were in the Galapagos this past March but not with Tauck. We were on the National Geographic Endeavor, so maybe you can compare the size of that ship with the one Tauck uses. I'm not sure about the conditions in July, but it was fairly calm in March. If you are prone to sea sickness I would take some Dramamine along or wear a patch. I get seasick on big cruise ships so I took Dramamine and felt fine, except for the first snorkeling expedition. I figured since I would be off the ship I wouldn't need any meds, so I skipped it that morning. But my body bobbing on the surface of the water had the same effect as being on a ship and I got quite sick. Took Dramamine every day after and I was fine.
This discussion has been closed.