Options

Travel tips

Travel tips , you go away the travel best choice you have to plan and also apply the travel insurance it is good method for travelling times....

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2012
    Sign passport, and fill in the emergency information: Make sure you have a signed, valid passport, and a visa, if required, and fill in the emergency information page of your passport.

• Options
    Make sure that you have all the proper documents with you. Make proper inquiry and collect important information and data about the place you are going to travel.
  • Options
    Thanks for the tips.
  • Options
    Nice tips thanks for share
  • Options
    I always use AAA as my travel agent. And I've always had great service!
  • Options
    Try to get all the possible preparation like,
    Bad pack according to weather,
    Get know about the desire points,
    Prepare plan according to budget,
    Someone must know about your plan.

These tips will help in keep away all the unwanted threads.
  • Options
    Check out the names (spelling) which are mentioned on the Air-ticket and be-sure it match with the name of your Passport.
  • Options
    Great preparation, appreciation and looking forward for a fun travel experience would suit best.

Happy Traveling ! :)
  • Options
    Make 2 copies of your passport and leave one with a relative at home and bring one with you, separate from your passport. That way, if you lose the passport, the copy will get you home.

Try to learn a few words like hello, goodbye and thank you in the language of the country you are visiting, the locals will appreciate you trying to speak their language.

Don't pack too much!!

• Options
    During Travel you have top keep in mind these points
    1. bag. 2. Passport 3. Traveler passes 4. Air Tickets ,
    5. passes
  • Options
    Carry important documents with you;
    Photocopy copy of your passport, credit cards and driver's license.

Make sure that your prescription medicines are labeled properly. In some countries certain prescription medicines are forbidden.

If possible travel with only one or two credit cards.
  • Options
    we always travel with two credit cards from two different companies in case one is denied by one of your credit card companies for any reason. ALWAYS call your credit card company to let them know where you will be traveling. We also use one the new card holders that keeps your cards from being scanned. Ours was $19.95 and we didn't have to worry.

Sheila
  • Options
    While traveling time, it is important to take all the required things with you. If anything is forgotten, it will be a problem while traveling time.
  • Options
    Travel Tips:

Make sure that you have Travel Insurance
    Water bottle
    Fruits ( don't prefer oil food or outside food)
    One salve (depending on weather)
    mobile/ laptop charger
    Money (keep some amount in your bag and some amount in your purse)
    First aid kit
    Favorite Novel or Any book
    Head phones
    etc..

Thank you.
  • Options
    Even though you have Internet in your mobile, don't forget to print your reservation details.

Thank you.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    While you are travelling don't keep your wallet in your jeans back pocket. Scan your major documents. Get travel insurances its must if you get injured and ail its helps you quickly get recovery hospital costs. if you travelling to get all the relevant vaccination . You get all the important information relevant to travelling place.
  • Options
    All good tips, but thinking about post #15 be very careful indeed NOT to take ANY food or fruit if visiting Australia & New Zealand. They are VERY strict. It is illegal to take anything like that or any animal products into their countries. Several years ago I purchased a sheepskin rug in NZ and when I entered Australia they insisted I took it to the quarantine section for verification - even though it was dead! There are special bins to discard items just before you go through customs. They do turn a blind eye to individually WRAPPED candies but you should declare those too.
    In these countries it is also wise to take a printed copy of any prescription drugs you take with you because the landing card asks about any drugs you have.
  • Options
    Whether packing light or packing heavy; pack properly, with the essentials!

My Packing essentials include:
    Toothbrush
    Passport
    Lock for suitcase
    Camera - to capture all the amazing moments you're going to have
    Any medication you're on - it's not easy to get this abroad
    Money - Unfortunately you can't get far without it

See a full check list of packing essentials here: Packing essentials

Hand Luggage:
    If I'm going on a short break or travelling with a backpack, I make sure I take a decent one which I can carry comfortably.
    Here is a great blog on how to choose the right backpack for your travels: how to choose the right backpack for your travels

Suitcase:
    Long more luxurious holidays deserve a big, secure suitcase! You're most likely going to take electronic equipment like chargers, laptop and hair straighteners which all need to be protected. A good suitcase can protect your belongings on long flights where your luggage is at risk. A Rimowa suitcase is great for protection with a hard outer shell. and a Samsonite is really light weight but good quality!

Make sure you've got what you need, you've got suitable luggage and you'll have a fantastic time. All you've got to do is enjoy yourself and hope for great weather!
  • Options
    This seems like a great list so far.
    Don't forget to pack all chargers in your carry on.
    If your luggage doesn't arrive when you do you will still be able to charge devices you have with you.

Also, an extra change of clothing (or at least a shirt) and underwear should always be on the plane with you.
    I used to tell my sons to do this and they half listened. The oldest one arrived a day before his luggage and he immediately started packing more carefully. Strange thing, on his return trip the same thing happened, lost luggage.

Along with the camera remember extra memory cards. It is also nice to carry a cable to transfer pictures from your camera to your tablet if you have that capability. This becomes a backup if something happens to the camera.
    I'm so paranoid about not having pictures, in Australia, that I am borrowing a camera that uses regular batteries. I imagine not being able to charge my camera in a foreign land.

Remember to take a small umbrella.

Finally remember to take an open mind and great attitude.
    All people do not think the same, therefore coping skills might have to be used in group settings.
    Vacations are to experience new things or enhance past memories.
  • Options
    Richardb wrote:
    All good tips, but thinking about post #15 be very careful indeed NOT to take ANY food or fruit if visiting Australia & New Zealand. They are VERY strict. It is illegal to take anything like that or any animal products into their countries. Several years ago I purchased a sheepskin rug in NZ and when I entered Australia they insisted I took it to the quarantine section for verification - even though it was dead! There are special bins to discard items just before you go through customs. They do turn a blind eye to individually WRAPPED candies but you should declare those too.
    In these countries it is also wise to take a printed copy of any prescription drugs you take with you because the landing card asks about any drugs you have.

Yes, both countries are strict … for very good reasons. You wouldn't believe the things some people try to bring in. At least that sheepskin rug could have been fumigated! Grandma's barbecued bees' knees might be another thing!

You have to declare if you have been on a farm or national park or near certain animals within a certain time, too. Funny story … true. I have recently returned from an expedition to some Australian & NZ sub-Antarctic Islands. World Heritage areas. Unique & protected flora and fauna. Before we reached the first destination, all our outer clothes were vacuumed & our gum boots soaked in something very lethal to any nasties. Each time we returned from a landing to the ship, we had to step into a trough of that lethal to nasties stuff … as well as any walking poles & tripods, etc. (It was like a human sheep dip.) Right, so I get back to Australian Customs at Melbourne & I tick my form and declare the National Park/animals box … but explain that I'd been to Macquarie Island. I have never cleared Customs so quickly! They must know just how thorough expedition staff have to be to get & keep their precious landing permits. If I survived Macca I was good to go. Lucky me!

As for the copy of the prescription for any medication you are carrying … I always take that, together with the actual medication in the same zip lock bag … where ever in the world I am travelling. Plus, I have a letter from my doctor listing my medication. It's just so much easier to avoid any issues than to have to deal with them!

Cheers,

Jan
  • Options
    Nice Tips.. Thank You for sharing useful tips..
  • Options
    Thanks for the tips!!!!