Budapest to Amsterdam July 16, 2016

This will be our first River Cruise. We have been on 4 other Tuack tours and are so looking forward to this one.

Whoever is going to be on this trip, please let us know. We will be arriving in Budapest on July 14th, and will be staying at the Ritz-Carlton before the cruise.

Joe and Joyce

Comments

• This is also our fourth Tauck Tour and our first River Cruise. We arrive on the morning of the 15th and are staying at the Ritz Carlton as well.

Buck and Gwyn
  • Buck and Gwyn: We will be there on the 14th. Our plans are to go to the spa and get massages, visit the sites that Tauck does not cover, and do the night cruise on the river. People have told me that that is spectacular. I called Tauck and asked if they did that he first evening and they told me NO!. So we will do it on our own. DO not know what evening we will do it.

Joe and Joyce
  • Red Bull Air Race Budapest, July 16 and 17th. On Danube between Elizabeth and Margaret Bridges. Limited public and pedestrian traffic in the city. I love air shows and hope to get chance to see it before boarding Just wanted to pass along information about this event to fellow travelers. We are arriving on July 14.

• I feel like we've been waiting such a long time, but it's almost here! We arrive the morning of the 15th, and thanks to the advice of many of you here, we have switched hotels to the Ritz. We are very much looking forward to meeting everyone.
    Lori and Frank
  • Hi Lori and Frank: Joyce and I get into Budapest on the 14th. So we will have about a half day on the 14th to wander around and then all day on the 15th and about a long half day on the 16th. We asked Tauck if they did the evening cruise around Budapest and they said that they did not. Friends of ours told us to do that in the evening because the lights were spectacular. So Joyce and I are going to do that just do not know what evening.
    All in all, we do what we love to do and that is to wander around an see things that are not included in the Budapest portion of the trip. We hope to run into you guys on the 15th. Also, Buck and Gwen will be there and we hope to hook up with them also..
  • Joe and Joyce, Lori and Frank: The night cruise sounds like a great idea. We arrive on the morning of the 15th. If you do not fit it in on the 14th, we would like to go on the evening of the 15th. Leave us a message at the hotel if the 15th works for anyone. Last name is: Linthicum.

Buck and Gwyn
  • Sounds like a plan. Hope we can make it happen. Joe and Joyce
  • Hi everyone,

An evening cruise on the 15th sounds lovely. Two questions: does it include dinner and do we need advance reservations, or can we decide that day? I guess that's 3 questions.

Two weeks!

Lori and Frank
  • Hi Lori and Frank: I have no idea. We will have to ask the Tauck Rep when we check into the hotel. They usually know all of the stuff that is available. If they do not, then I am sure the hotel concierge will know.

Cannot wait for the 11 or 12 days to pass before we leave.

Joe and Joyce
  • Hi All on the Jewel on July 16th:

Joyce and I will be arriving in Budapest on the 14th. We plan on doing the evening cruise around Budapest on the 15th. We cannot wait to meet all of you before the cruise. We are staying at the "Le Meridien" Now the Ritz-Carlton. If anyone is available for dinner on the 14th please let us know.

Everyone have a safe trip.

Joe and royce
  • HI Joe and Joyce,
    We are in Budapest already. arrived Tuesday. We have plans already for dinner Thursday but would love to catch up for coffee afterwards.
    Kerrie and John
  • Now you folks take good care of the Jewel. We'll be on it southbound on the 30th.

Keep us informed if anything special (or just anything) happens on your trip.

Patty and I will be in 313 for the southbound trip.

Have fun!!!
  • Hi Kerry and John, we are in room 405 at the ritz. This evening we plan to eat out and then do the evening river cruise. We need to try and hook up.
  • Maybe breakfast in the morning. Not long to go now.????
  • We did the night cruise on Wednesday night. We got soaked thanks to a huge Thunderstorm. But the lights were worth it
  • My wife and I will be taking this trip on the MS SWISS JEWEL starting Sept 10. I have two questions. 1. Is there any WiFi on the river boat? 2. How extensive was the morning sightseeing in Budapest. In other words, did you go into the Parliament building or just drive by it? Did you go into the Fisherman's Bastion or just drive by it? What about the Central Market, did you see it? Thanks in advance for any help. Sherman & Dora
  • My husband, John, and I will be taking the JEWEL Sept. 10. I cannot answer Sherman's question about sightseeing, but I know the Sunday hours for Fisherman's is 9a-11p, and Parliament is 8a-4p. Hungarian Parliament's [English] guided tours are at specific times. According to the TAUCK detailed itinerary it doesn't really sound like it. Sounds more like a city familiarization tour. Perhaps with a brief stop somewhere. By afternoon we are already cruising toward Slovakia. Certainly a question for your Agent, or call TAUCK Sept 6th if you are state side...then share please. I'll attempt the same. I'm on PDT zone. Nancy & John
  • Sherman & Dora, Tauck said the tour is "around the city with some free time. It does not go into the Parliament. You may you your free time to visit the Covered Market". She also explained there is Wi-Fi onboard the boat in your room and in public areas, however depending on the bend in the river, etc this may have a bearing on the availability and speed".

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file