Venice, Florence, Rome Trip August 28

My wife and I are doing this trip. First time in Italy. Anyone else booked for this tour? Bill and Scottie from Florida.

Comments

• Yes, my husband, son and I are also on this trip and it will be our first time in Italy! We will be traveling from Pennsylvania and are looking forward to meeting you! Lynne, Tony and Patrick
  • My husband and I are celebrating our 25th anniversary on this wonderful trip! Our first time in Italy!! Looking forward to meeting everyone and enjoying this beautiful country!

Dan and Deanne Stanek
    Connecticut
  • Hello Everyone,
    My Husband Ray and I are also on this tour. We are also on our 1st trip to Italy. We are going early to do some of the churches not on the tour. If anyone is going a day earlier, please let me know. Looking forward to great wine, beautiful history, and meeting new people.

Ray and Tina Caldwell
    Dallas, Texas
  • edited August 2016
    We will be staying 2 extra days in Rome and have booked a Context Tour to Tivoli for Sunday, Sept. 4th. Any one else staying over in Rome and interested in seeing Tivoli?

Bill and Scottie Hoffman
    Cape Coral, Fl
  • We are arriving one day early in Venice and extending our trip by five days to drive to Abruzzo and then back to Rome for the last two nights. We don't have any exact plans for that time, but are exploring some ideas. Is everyone packing light (just carry on bags) or do you plan to check luggage?
  • We find it very difficult to pack light so we will be checking our bags.
  • We did this trip in May, 2016 and spent an extra day in Rome so that we could go to Tivoli/Villa d'Este. It was one of the highlights of our trip. After the crazy crowds in the cities, it was a joy to escape to the countryside and enjoy the gardens and fountains with precious few people around. We hired a private driver because we did not want to go to Villa Adriana. I had seen as many ruins as I cared to see by then, so we just went to Villa d'Este. We quickly walked through the villa (more painted ceilings) and then spent a lot of time walking in the gardens, almost 2 hours. The fountains are amazing!!
    I hope you enjoy your visit as much as we did.
    And for those who want to pack only a carry on---don't. You will go to some nice places and need to be dressed appropriately. Not dressy, but not jeans and tennis shoes. I Always take the largest bag I can check and then a carry on. And besides, there's not much time for rinsing laundry, or space to hang it to dry.
    Happy traveling,
    Nancy

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file