Hotel change

I am getting very concerned about the change of hotels in Paris for the Paris to Monte- Carlo trip. I am seeing a lot of bad reviews on the InterContinental Paris le Grand which has a rating of 78% compared to 92% for the the Hotel du Collectionneau Arc du Triomphe the original hotel including the fact it has bed bugs according to Trip Advisor. I want to know why you changed and what you are doing to ensure I am going to stay in as good a hotel as the original. I hope I will not be disappointed as I was in the Rome to Malta tour this last year with bad seas and not seeing the Stromboli Volcano and getting no apology from Tauck. I understand you can't control the weather but that was a key point of the trip for me.
Gary

Comments

• Gary - My wife and I will be on that particular trip starting on 25th August and to use an Australian expression I really think you're getting your knickers in a knot over truly nothing. The InterContinental le Grand has many more good reviews than bad. I did a quick count and over 85% of all reviewers found the hotel to be of good quality. I'm sure Tauck had a valid reason for changing hotels and we will find the quality of the hotel to be right up there with Tauck's usually choices.

When were last in Paris in 2011 we could only wish that we could have afforded to stay in a Tauck selected hotel. As for the weather if you can predict how it's going to be then you are a very lucky person.
  • I was in Paris last year and stayed at the Hotel de Collectioneur Arc de Triomphe. It was a nice hotel, a good walk away from the Arc de Triomphe, but not near anything else, i.e. not centrally located in Paris as is the InterContinental. I think that the reason Tauck changed hotels was on peoples' recommendation tbat Tauck find a hotel with a more central location/walking distance from many sites in Paris. The InterContinental always had an excellent reputation in the past.
  • I hope I will not be disappointed as I was in the Rome to Malta tour this last year with bad seas and not seeing the Stromboli Volcano and getting no apology from Tauck.

By Jove, when those old reprobates Vulcan and Neptune get partying, I don't think even Dan Maher or Arthur Tauck could do anything to shut them up! Best take your grievance to a higher authority, Gary. You could always try bending St Christopher's ear, but then, he's lost a bit of the glitter from his halo in recent times. He came a cropper after a consultant's report. I mean, what did this consultant bloke know anyway? Did he fancy he was omnipotent?
  • We did this trip in September 2013. The Intercontinental was fine. It is located just across from the Opera House. Tauck doesn’t take you there but take the tour on your own. It is a 5 maybe 6 block walk to the Seine, but then Paris is a walkable city. I think the Metro stop by the Opera house on the brown(?) line will take you close to the Eiffel Tower.
  • jdurkin wrote:
    By Jove, when those old reprobates Vulcan and Neptune get partying, I don't think even Dan Maher or Arthur Tauck could do anything to shut them up! Best take your grievance to a higher authority, Gary. You could always try bending St Christopher's ear, but then, he's lost a bit of the glitter from his halo in recent times. He came a cropper after a consultant's report. I mean, what did this consultant bloke know anyway? Did he fancy he was omnipotent?

......LIKE!.........great historic references........
  • Travelguy, I want to thank you for your meaningful reply unlike that of someone else. When you pay $598 for and extra night I expect to stay a quality hotel not hearing about poor service and poor rooms. I did realize the hotel was moved to stay closer to the action but do not consider a 78% rating compared to a 92% as going the right way.This is from customers who stayed the according to Tripadvisor who I trust. I hope they can keep this up as you suggest. It is better for Tauck to check this out now so it is not a problem in the future.

The reason I am annoyed about the Le Ponant is for several reasons. First the life jacket drill was treated like fashion show by the comedian instead of the serious business it should be . I know Tauck can't control the weather but if you get sea sick or have mobility problem check it out carefully. There are no stabilizers and inadequate railings to handle the 10 ft waves we had to endure. I spoke with the prior group at lunch outside Naples and they did not get l to see the Stromboli Volcano and had bad seas as well. The sister ship for the Le Ponant does have stabilizers but has to 2 less cabins as a result and Tauck does not use the vessel. If Tauck can't go to the Stromboli Volcano on a regular tour they should take it off the itinerary or say weather permitting.

I would have like to heard from a paid Tauck reprehensive instead of an unpaid Ambassador especially on the hotel.
    Gary
  • I wouldn't want anyone to think I got a deal on this hotel, I checked my paperwork and the price paid was $788 for the extra night. For that price it should be one of the highest rated hotels. I am sure Emily will have this checked out.
    Gary

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file