Lenght of Flight on Economy Seats

Can anyone give me some feedback on how you did with the flight from NJ/NY to Japan?
It could be a 18 to 19 hrs flight (including some layover). I would love to go on this trip but that is the only thing that is holding me back from booking it.
I would also like to know if anyone went on this trip recently and had a chance to experience the natural
Hot Springs in its natural environment? I am a little confused about that.
I have to choose between this trip and the 8 days to Paris and Provence.
Was there any major difference between traveling with the regular group vs the small group?
Any advise or feedback is appreciated.

Comments

• I did the Australia/New Zealand trip in economy. I would same more and pay the extra for more leg room for that long of a flight. We had no room to stretch out legs. They put the lights down and drew the curtains between the cabins. The flight there was not as bad cause you sleep a lot, but the flight home you are pretty much awake cause it is daytime for you.

I did the extra leg room last year to Italy and it was well worth it.
  • We have done a number of these long flights and don, t want to spend the huge amount fot business class so started flying economy comfort. It is a good choice as you get good room and perks. We are doing this with Air France this year for an extra $700 per seat and booked it with Cathy Percific on a deal from Toronto to Bangkok for around $650 per seat extra return. Well worth the money. It was worth it on our trips to Rome and Istanbul in 2013 and felt relaxed on arrival. Business class wih Cathy Pacific was an additional $4400 per person so you can see the savings. Go online and check it out as most airlines now offer it.

Gary
  • edited February 2014
    Hi Tory,

I'd agree with Gary and Crackers54; if you're going to be spending a long time on the plane, it may not be a bad idea to do the smaller upgrade to economy comfort. As to your question about the hot springs, I do know that the hotel in Takayama has springs available with a mountain view. You can read more at their website.

Best,
    Tim
  • Tory, even though you have an extra long journey, don't let that stop you! We have traveled with Tauck before, been to all 7 continents, and only ONCE have upgraded to Business Class. We get the extra leg room and bulkhead seats but any place in Economy Plus is do-able. Its a trip not to miss so just do it!!!

CMO
  • I have been to Japan twice with my husband because he used to travel there for business, if I had the choice of the two trips, Japan would win over Paris and London, it's so different from anywhere else. I would go back to Japan again and again if I could. But then go on the Paris London trip next!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file