highlights

Hi,
We will be taking the Patagonia trip this coming November and we were wondering if anyone who has already taken this trip can comment on any of the trip activities and/or highlights. We may have to take a red eye flight home, in which case we might have to miss the last dinner and tango show. Was that a real highlight? Thanks for any thoughts/information about this trip. It looks great! Thanks. M&D

Comments

• We just booked the November 21, 2015 trip and would love to hear from those who have already taken it. We are planning to arrive a few days early and stay a few days beyond the end of the trip to do a more in depth visit to Santiago and Buenos Aires.
  • We will be on the February 28 trip and will let you know our impressions. We are a little surprised there are no comments yet about this new trip, and we hope it will be up to the usual Tauck standards.
  • edited March 2014
    I just finished this tour and will do a quick comment on the highlight points

Santiago: Not much time to enjoy the city unless you arrive a day early, which I recommend especially with the early wake up call the next day.

Puerto Nateles: Cute town but not much shopping. Found stores catered mostly to hikers.

Torres del Paines Park: Nice park. Walk to see the first glacier is about two miles. If you have a walking stick bring it. You will need it to walk over the gravel stones near the beach.

Gaucho fiesta was a must see and EAT.

The tango show was very good. But for me it ran a little too long plus our day was very long. They should have split the last day in two.
  • Thanks for the advice, LACAT! :)

-Tim
  • senorai wrote:
    We just booked the November 21, 2015 trip and would love to hear from those who have already taken it. We are planning to arrive a few days early and stay a few days beyond the end of the trip to do a more in depth visit to Santiago and Buenos Aires.

Are you back home now? We are going in January. What can you say about the current version of this trip - it seems most of the posts on the forum are a year or two old. Thanks
  • My husband and I went on this trip in February, 2015. Look at the topic "Santiago vs Buenos Aries for the gift of time" and read the detailed information that I posted. Are you going early and/or staying longer? We enjoyed are excursion to the winery outside Santiago very much. The guide that we hired in BA was very good and informative. I wish we had stayed even longed and added a visit to Iguazu Falls. The highlights of the trip for us were the glaciers. They were absolutely gorgeous. I thought everything would look like that, so I was surprised to learn that most of the area was barren and arid. The food in Chile at the Singular Patagonia was very good. I ate King Crab every day. Don't get excited about the beef in Argentina, though. It is tough and chewy, not at all like what we have in the U.S. I could hardly wait to get back to Texas for a good steak. The Tango show was a lot of fun as was the gaucho fiesta, but it would have been better if they were on different days. The wines are really good and reasonably priced.
    I hope you have a great trip. More questions??? Just post them.
    Nancy

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file