Cancelled private tour

Disappointed the private Vatican tour was cancelled on this trip.

Comments

• You can never count on the Vatican to come thru with the private tour. The day I did it the Pope was doing a speech or something outside the Museum exit, so I had the early tour. I am told you see the same stuff just not with the crowd. At the Sistine Chapel I listened to my Rick Steve app on what to look at and did not pay attention to the crowd. If you have a iphone, ipod, or ipad I recommend chckg out his apps. I learned a lot before leaving and could use some of his walking app's if I had time. I, also, ate a some interesting placed that he recommended in his Italy book.
  • Thanks for the useful information. Have an iPhone and will use it for the tour.
  • In Rome I recommend Ciccia Bomba at Via del Governo Vecchio 76 a block west of Piazza Novona north from Piazza Pasquino. After the early Vatican tour our tour guide offered drop off near the piazza Novona and 4 of us ate here. We all loved what we had from Margarita Pizza to Pasta with mussels.

In Assisi if you are only looking for a sandwich I recommend La Bottega dei Sapori (small store front next to pizza place) for a fresh made prosciutto sandwich. A good place for a low cost lunch. Can either eat in in the back with the wine or take out to the square. Also, if want balsamic vingar to take home have different flavors in small plastic bottles (will need room in check in) and will allow taste.

Enjoy your trip. It is a beautiful country.
  • My wife & I are planning the Italian Lakes,Venice,Florence & Rome trip this fall(Sept 4 or Oct 6) Does anyone recommend which would be best weather wise & to take small group or normal size group.Thanks for any thoughts on these questions.How was your trip. RAM
  • RAM wrote:
    My wife & I are planning the Italian Lakes,Venice,Florence & Rome trip this fall(Sept 4 or Oct 6) Does anyone recommend which would be best weather wise & to take small group or normal size group.Thanks for any thoughts on these questions.How was your trip. RAM

I took a tour once and a lady from Italy was on it, so I asked what she recommended. She said her favorite time is in Sept. Not too hot, and not too rainy. I went 1st 2 weeks of Sept. this past year and was not disappointed. We had very little rain and the temps were not bad. This is a great trip. I can not wait to go back to do the Northern Italy tour.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file