Canyonlands tour 13 April 2014

Looking for advice on several items. How much use will I get out of my trekking sticks? Are they worth packing, as they don't fit my suit case?....Also have heard that it can be cool in morning/evening...What is cool temp for middle April?

Comments

• Yes it can get cool even in the heat of summer it cools down in the evenings. Took this tour two years ago. As for your stick... depends on how much hiking you expect to do. There is plenty of time to do your own thing.
  • Inspector wrote:
    Looking for advice on several items. How much use will I get out of my trekking sticks? Are they worth packing, as they don't fit my suit case?....Also have heard that it can be cool in morning/evening...What is cool temp for middle April?
  • Say hello to Lenard. He is a Nevajo Guide in Antelope Canyon.
  • Hi,
    Just got back from the May 9 trip. It was fantastic but be prepared. "Cool" may be an understatement. It snowed on the Sunday we were at the Grand Canyon and was 24 deg at Bryce later in the week. Zion and Vegas may be warm, but at altitude you may need to bundle up. At the parks you will have to walk outside to get to/from the dining areas. Suggest you check weatherunderground.com about 10 days before trip. Their 10 day forecast seemed to be the most accurate.

As for hiking, it's up to you. You check into hotels at about 5PM, so there are a couple of hours before dinner. The next day you leave the parks after lunch. Activities are planned, but you can do your own thing.

Have fun!
  • And even 1 walking pole might help combat the effects of altitude. Won't help you to breathe any better but it might help you stagger to another perfect view!

Cheers,

Jan

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file