Options

Internet Connectivity at Inter-Continental Hotel in Budapest

I wrote to Tauck Customer Service about this last week and did not get a specific answer. I asked if Tauck cruisers, staying at the Inter-Continental would get free Internet access. The response I got was that Internet services were available. I wrote back and again asked specifically if Tauck cruisers staying at the Inter-Continental would have FREE access to the Internet at this hotel. I'm hoping some previous cruiser might know the answer.

Comments

• Options
    Go to the Blue Danube tour on the Tauck website. Scroll down past the itinerary information to the "Need to Know" section. Scroll to the bottom of that section, and you will see, "Destination Information". In that section, you'll find the answer to your question!

The Intercontinental seems to have Internet "for a fee".

Hope this helps!
  • Options
    Yes, I knew they had Internet access for a fee. My question to the Tauck Customer Service Department was whether that access was free to Tauck guests staying there.

pwcrna wrote:
    Go to the Blue Danube tour on the Tauck website. Scroll down past the itinerary information to the "Need to Know" section. Scroll to the bottom of that section, and you will see, "Destination Information". In that section, you'll find the answer to your question!

The Intercontinental seems to have Internet "for a fee".

Hope this helps!
  • Options
    Found out the cost is $60 a day at each hotel. We'll definitely be looking for free wi-fi locations. Those rates are absurd!
  • Options
    As of the beginning of April, the InterContinental Hotel in Cologne no longer has the "InterContinental" branding and will be changing.

Tauck says that the two night stay will remain at the same hotel location under whatever new brand is designated.

The hotel has not yet announced their new branding.

Tauck said the quality expectations would be the same as that of the old brand.

They also said that they will send an email notifying participants of the change once they know the new brand and are at liberty to announce it.

Having said all of that, I DO hope that the new hotel brand will provide free wi-fi or, at least, a much better price if there will be a charge
  • Options
    Opppssss...I didn't read closely enough and didn't realize that it was the InterContinental Hotel being discussed was the Budapest location...SORRY!

Please disregard my comments (unless you are staying at the InterContinental in Cologne)!!
  • Options
    Don P wrote:
    Yes, I knew they had Internet access for a fee. My question to the Tauck Customer Service Department was whether that access was free to Tauck guests staying there.

Hi Don,

You're probably best off asking the hotelier for that information (which you did, it appears?); we often have an answer, but since many hotels vary their rates, we may not be the best source to quote daily rates. However, we are happy to assist in any matter, if we're able to do so.

Best,
    Tim

• Options
    We are on the Budapest to Prague rivercruise October 2, and was wondering same on free wifi. In this day and age, and at these prices, it should be included. Has anyone heard?
  • Options
    Hi Linda,

What hotel are you talking about specifically?

Best,
    Tim
  • Options
    We are on the Budapest to Prague rivercruise October 2, and was wondering same on free wifi. In this day and age, and at these prices, it should be included. Has anyone heard?
    We were on the Budapest to Prague Tauck cruise May 12-23, 2011. The Inter-Continental Hotel in Budapest wants about $50 a day for Internet connectivity. Simply not worth it. Walk out the front door of the hotel, turn left and walk about 50 yards to the Jerney Bistro. It's a quaint Italian restaurant that serves good Hungarian food. The WiFi is free. Weather permitting sit outside and look at the Danube and the "Buda" side of Budapest. The waiters will give you the free password and if you just want to sit and have a glass of wine and check your e-mail it's fine with them. We spent three nights at the Inter-Continental prior to boarding the riverboat and went so many times to the Jerney Bistro that they knew our drink order before we sat down.

Here's another tidbit......do not use the drt-cleaning services at the hotel. Three pair of men's slacks, one pair of ladies slacks and a long-sleeve man's shirt cost us $86. This was a total rip-off.

On the plus side the hotel is very nice. Cigarette smoke in the lobby can be annoying at certain times of the day. Be sure to get to the Farmer's Market.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    WiFi on the ship is free and worked fairly well. A bit slow at times but it did work. When the boat is in one of the many locks it goes thru the Internet signal may be disrupted.

I want to tell you that Tauck knows how to run a tour. During our journey we met other cruisers from other travel organizations and there always seemed to be a horror story. We had a perfect experience and are already in the planning stages for our next Tauck tour to Ireland.
  • Options
    Don P wrote:
    I want to tell you that Tauck knows how to run a tour. During our journey we met other cruisers from other travel organizations and there always seemed to be a horror story. We had a perfect experience and are already in the planning stages for our next Tauck tour to Ireland.

Thank you, Don! I'm glad you had such a great experience on your tour!
  • Options
    Hi Don,

I am so glad that you really liked your Tauck experience and looking into another tour with them. Now you know why my husband and I are going on our 17th tour with Tauck next month.

Sheila
  • Options
    I too had questions about the fee at the Intercontinental for Internet. Thank you to members of the forum, and the info on the Jerney Bistro.
  • Options
    internet costs at the hotel, BUT there is a pub across the street and also a place right on water next to hotel.. seems like it was jersey, something wine bar with free and relatively fast wi-fi... we didn't have to run a business or do a lot of work but we had a good amount of free wi fi on boat and at restaurants along the way. AOL does not work..... fyi....
  • Options
    Tauck Tim wrote:
    Hi Linda,

What hotel are you talking about specifically?

Best,
    Tim
This discussion has been closed.