How critical are boots on Jungles & Rainforests?

Realize it's the rainy season, but how critical is it to bring waterproof boots on this tour? Since they'll take up a lot of room in the suitcase, don't want to bring them unless necessito. Thx

Comments

• I have been on two Tauck tours to Costa Rica, not the Bridges one, but I went to all the places you will be going. I went in a December?January and March, I think it was. You do not mention which month you will be going. Did you check out the Packing Tips and Weather sections on the tour page? It does mention wearing shoes with ankle protection. I normally follow all rules about the clothing when it comes to the actual touring parts of the tour (my husband does not take a jacket for dinner because there is not enough room in our suitcase) BUT, I did not take ankle protective boots on either trip, I wear a Merrill or Lands End waterproof shoe, suede leather, with good grip on the souls. I guess they have partial ankle support. Then I watch where I am walking on the trails. I do not remember seeing anyone else with true hiking boots. We did have a group of 4 adults who were wearing flip flops, which I would not recommend! There is no real dry season in Costa Rica, I think we only encountered a little rain. Personally I would not go there when the rainfall is likely to be at it's highest, but I know a lot of people do not research a vacation properly and then ask about the weather after they have booked the trip. Only you can decide what is sensible footwear for you. You could wear it on the plane to save space, this is not a dress up trip.
    Costa Rica is a very beautiful country and I would love to go there again. It has an exotic feel, the scenery is great, the trip to the old man in the jungle is lovely, the resort near the turtles is lovely, well every place is great. We enjoyed the local food and I make the rice and beans now and import the Salsa Lizarno (Sp?) to mix into it. For souvenirs the wooden jewellery and bowls are nice and the coffee from Café Britt, I order that on line from them all the time.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file