July 10 tour

We've just booked the July 10th (2014) tour of Ultimate Alps and Dolomites. Just extending a friendly hello to anyone out there who might also be on that tour. I'll check back often. Pat (& Orin) Knowlton

Comments

• We're on the same tour! We are looking forward to the trip and meeting you! Sue and Chris
  • We are on this tour as well. We are looking forward to meeting everyone! Greg and Tara
  • Hope you have a great time. We did the June 12th tour and it was great.
  • edited June 2014
    BScalco wrote:
    Hope you have a great time. We did the June 12th tour and it was great.

Yes, it was!!

I hope everyone has been getting in shape for walking, if not you'll be really tired at the end of each day and possibly miss out on some really good photo ops that can yield pictures like the one below I took of Neuschwanstein from Mary's bridge. I'm not in the best nor the worst of shape, but it was a bit of an arduous hike from the castle to get to the bridge, especially after having toured the castle which itself required climbing quite a few stairs- I feel it was worth it. What do you think?

Two more tips- if you are arriving a day early and are looking for something to do the day of the welcome dinner- try to make reservations (might be hard at this late date) for a City Segway Tour of Munich. The Segway is fun and easy to ride- it takes less than 5 min to learn and in less than 10 min. you are an expert. I also want to note that only one or two of the many places you'll see during the nearly 4 hour Segway tour are on the 1 hour Tauck walking tour the second day. You are not riding the entire time, either, instead using the Segway to go quickly and effortlessly (and safely on Munich's many sidewalk bike lanes) from place to place while also enjoying the scenery. Did you know they surf in Munich's English Garden? The English Speaking guide (a Brit) was very knowledgeable and a hoot!

In Salzburg- don't try to walk up to the fortress (either directly or after taking the lift near your hotel to the hilltop walking trail!) Like the trail to Mary's bridge it is a very steep climb from the lower ticket booth to the fortress. Take the funicular instead!!

IMG_07221.JPG

IMG_09554.JPG
  • Wow, Alan, fantastic photos! It sounds like you really enjoyed yourself!

-Tim

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file