Elegant South Africa August 15, 2014 departure

Hi. Just starting a thread to see if any others out there are joining for this tour. My sister and I are traveling together - celebrating a milestone birthday for her! I live in Charlotte, North Carolina and my sister lives in Detroit, Michigan.

Comments

• Darn - we're not going until Sept 5th
  • My wife and two daughters (age 24 and 27) will be on this tour. First tour with Tauck and first to Africa. We are all quite excited. Looking forward to meeting with you.
  • Look forward to meeting you and your family davfam. We are getting very excited for the trip! This is also our first trip with Tauck and first visit to Africa.
  • I did this trip last September and it was one of my best trips ever. It was my second trip to Africa and I have just booked my 3rd. Africa has a way of calling you back. I did these trips through Tauck and have always been very happy with the quality of their trips. They never seem to disappoint. You are all in for the trip of a lifetime - enjoy!!
  • There will be 5 of us going on the Aug. 15th trip. Our first time to S Africa & we are all looking forward to it! Two are from W. Hartford Ct and 2 from Clarkston, MI and one from Grand Blanc, MI. IMPORTANT QUESTION : Did you get a YELLOW FEVER shot? The Infectious disease Dr. 3 of us went to in MI said it was not necessary for S. Africa or Zimbabwe. Two others went to a different Infectious disease Dr in CT & he did give them a Yellow Fever shot. I looked in the Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) on line and it does not seem like a yellow fever shot is necessary.

Would love to hear from others !!!
  • Chloe01 wrote:
    There will be 5 of us going on the Aug. 15th trip. Our first time to S Africa & we are all looking forward to it! Two are from W. Hartford Ct and 2 from Clarkston, MI and one from Grand Blanc, MI. IMPORTANT QUESTION : Did you get a YELLOW FEVER shot? The Infectious disease Dr. 3 of us went to in MI said it was not necessary for S. Africa or Zimbabwe. Two others went to a different Infectious disease Dr in CT & he did give them a Yellow Fever shot. I looked in the Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) on line and it does not seem like a yellow fever shot is necessary.

Would love to hear from others !!!

We are going on the Aug 29 departure. The Yellow Fever vaccine is not necessary for this itinerary. I've confirmed this with my infectious disease doctor, the CDC and with South Africa. The only issue will be that while in Zimbabwe, you cannot cross the border into Zambia because if you do, you can't get back into South Africa to come home without the yellow fever vaccine. But that's OK since the Zimbabwe side of Victoria Falls is supposed to be the much better side. Not missing anything.