Solo Traveler

Any solo travelers on Classic Italy tour September 12th/25th?

Enjoys Traveling

Comments

• Yes, I too will be doing this tour solo. I believe that there was space for 3 or 4 solo bookings for this date when I originally called. If you would like to connect up to do some walking/sightseeing on some of the free time, I'd be up for it. The catacombs always held a fascination for me since I was a little girl and something I may want to see while in Rome. Now, if I can just get past the comments people have made about not being claustrophobic....
  • Don't worry about being claustrophobic, Petals. The one I visited … I honestly can't remember which one … you needed to be more concerned with keeping your eyes on the guide and not deviating from the official path. It's not a place for getting lost! It was very, very interesting.

Cheers,

Jan
  • Thanks for the update, Jan. Think I will go for it. Would you recommend making reservations from home in the States, or wait and do it once you are over in Rome? I don't know how difficult it would be at the last minute. Found one website that has a morning tour, the rest of them start at 2:30 in the afternoon - cutting it a bit to close for my taste if we have to be ready for the evening Vatican tour. From what I can tell from the itinerary, it appears day 4 is free up until the after hours tour of the Vatican, but I'm not 100% certain. Does anyone know for sure what part of this day is free to sightsee?
  • From the point of view of a history nut (moi) it was fascinating. I really don't know what to suggest about pre-booking, though. Could I make another suggestion? Why not email the concierge in your Rome hotel? Tell them you are a Tauck guest … and ask for their suggestions/advice on what you've found. I'm sure the Westin concierge will have some practical suggestions for you.

Have a great trip …. I'm sure you will!

Cheers,

Jan
  • Petals wrote:
    From what I can tell from the itinerary, it appears day 4 is free up until the after hours tour of the Vatican, but I'm not 100% certain. Does anyone know for sure what part of this day is free to sightsee?

If you call Tauck, someone can give you a tentative time frame as to what part of the day is free. I have done this on a number or tours and even though it might not be an exact time, it has been close enough to help me decide what I want to do during my free time.
  • They actually don't know which night the after hours tour is on. It all depends on the Vatican and other tauck tours in the city to do tour with. Your tour is in conjunction with others in town and which night works best for all.
  • Thanks, all, for the great input. Since its not a "for sure" on which night is the Vatican tour (thanks for reminding me, Crackers), I think it best to wait and find out more definitively closer to the time we arrive in Rome. Jan, I will check with the concierge when I get to the hotel.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file