Arusha private guides

We are arriving in Arusha a few days ( Sept 22),early to adjust to the time change from California. We are in contact with some wonderful private guides to arrange some day trips and wonder if anyone might be arriving early as well and would like to coordinate any private day trips.

Comments

• We just returned from this tour and used the hotel tour desk to hire our private guide to take us to Arusha National park and a walk round the lake, we could pick the times to start. The cost of the day in the park is the same however many go in the vehicle and whether you want just morning or all day, it was nice to just be the two of us.
  • If you have to choose an activity, do not choose the walk around the lake. We spent so much time climbing over fallen tree limbs, navigating over rocks, and sliding through the mud that I hardly got to enjoy the scenery. I was hoping to see some birds, but I didn't dare take my eyes off the path for fear of breaking my neck.

Any trip in a vehicle would have been preferable to the walk around the lake!

I hope you have a wonderful trip! It is the trip of a lifetime.
  • our walk around the lake was much more pleasant, dry, monkeys, birds, monitor lizards, giant millipedes, interesting trees and plants, we enjoyed it. I would not choose it over the Arusha National park, but since this vacation you get very little exercise, we really enjoyed the walk and it helped us sleep well on our first full day to help with jetlag.
  • British - I'm so glad that you actually saw wildlife on the walk around the lake! If you photographed any spectacular birds in Tanzania or Kenya, would you mind sharing them? Many of mine were not in focus because of the moving vehicle. My e-mail is variousmail at bellsouth dot net. Thank you very much!!
  • According to my better half, he estimates we saw about forty different bird species in Tanzania, we have pics of a lot but I am only just starting to sort them for our album. Your driver should have stopped and turned off the engine for all your photo opportunities, that is what all four of our drivers did, Norman,Isaya--who had a particular passion for birds, Christopher and Eddy. It will be a couple of weeks before I can edit and send them, and since I'm a klutz at putting a photo within an email, I'll have or get my hubby to do it for me.