Options

Euro, Florint and Koruna

My wife and I are traveling Budapest to Prague Oct 2

Is the euro accepted in Budapest and/or Prague?

Is it best to bring the different currency from the US or use an ATM
in that country? Or is the US dollar acceptable?

Thanks for the help

Comments

• Options
    See my answer to John. Euros are like dollars, accepted everywhere but at a poor exchange rate.
  • Options
    MSD

Sorry, but I cannot find your answer to John
  • Options
    Hi - we are also on the 10/2 Budapest to Prague trip! From NJ near NYC...our first river cruise, but have traveled to China with Tauck before - wonderful!
    I had been told only local currency is used in these two cities, not on the Euro yet, but that some places do take them.
    Is anyone going early to Budapest? We are arriving on the Thursday, the 29th and staying on points at the Marriott before moving over to the IC on Sunday.
    Linda Alexander
    lindaalexander4@comcast.net
  • Options
    Linda sorry here's what I wrote

I brought zero in foreign currency. Make arrangements with your credit card companies and the bank of your ATM card so that they know you are in Europe. ATM's work great. I did switch what I had left as we entered each country. I tried to keep it to a minimum to avoid fees.

Visa & Master Card are accepted most places. American Express rarely and Discover not at all. Street vendors, obviously, want cash. Many will accept American Dollars but you won't get a good exchange rate.

This discussion has been closed.