I would like recommendations for what to do on an additional day in LA

Comments

• edited August 2014
    Getty Museum. Also I would suggest posting in the Forum section on Fodors.com. Usually gets a great deal of feedback.
  • Not sure what the itinerary is but I am an LA Native. There are many things to do here.

When i have out of town company the places on my itinerary are:

Westside: Santa Monica = Pier, Pacific Park Amusement Park; 3rd Street Promenade. Google Farmer's Market - if you are there on market day its one of the best in the country
    Venice Beach - walk the board walk or rent a bike.
    Beverly Hills. Walk Rodeo Dr, and Beverly Drive. Have lunch at the Grill on the Alley and you might see a celebrity. Or Crustacean. or Spago.

There are two Getty Museums. The Villa in Malibu and the Getty. Both are nice.
    LA County Museum of Art
    Reagan Museum (Simi Valley)
    Pasadena has the Norton Simon and the Huntington Gardens.

Go to the Grove and walk the Original Farmer's Market; Have lunch. I like Morel's French Steakhouse for a brunch type experience in the Grove or Many unique places in the Farmer's Market. Some places there are 80 years old like Magee's Corned Beef.

Day trip to Santa Barbara - The Pier/Sterns Wharf and walk State Street. Go to the Santa Barbara Zoo. Along Cabrillo Blvd (beachfront) is a handmade craft market of really unique items. And art.

• Last year I was in this city on tour http://easyusatravel.com/ and can say with certainty that the most interesting place is universal studios. I am delighted. Therefore, advise you to go there.
  • I found the 2 hour tour of Warner Brothers with docents to be the best 2 hours I ever spent on a studio tour. No games or amusements like at Universal but pure movie making/cinema history there. Definitely worth your 2 hours if in the area. :-)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file