Warsaw, Budapest,Vienna,Prague 9/11/14

Leaving in 2 days- 9/11/14................anyone on this trip????? Has anyone just returned & able to tell me what weather was like? (I do look at weather reports but hard to tell what to expect)

Also any suggestions what to do on extra first day in WARSAW ?????????????????? Would REALLY appreciate any input. Thanks.

Comments

• Leaving in 2 days- 9/11/14................anyone on this trip????? Has anyone just returned & able to tell me what weather was like? (I do look at weather reports but hard to tell what to expect)

Also any suggestions what to do on extra first day in WARSAW ?????????????????? Would REALLY appreciate any input. Thanks.

We took this trip 2 years ago and had a great time and also arrived a day early. If you are staying at the Warsaw Bristol you are within walking distance of Old Town. The tour will cover old town, but there is much more to see when you have your own time schedule. We did not go inside the "castle" but other tour members did and said it was very worthwhile. The best pirogies we had were at a restaurant on the outskirts of Old Town. Its a chain restaurant but it is very good. There is also a good pirogy (plus other local specialities) a few blocks to the left of your hotel and across the square.

If you are into churches, there are a least three beautiful ones located along the pedestrian walkway between Old Town and the University. If you are interested in Jewish history, the "new" Jewish museum is a long walk from your hotel too. The building was just opening when we were there, and although we toured the building (which is beautiful) on our own the exhibits had not opened. Our tour guide also arranged for a short walk-through, so it may now be inculded on your tour. The proposed exhibits sounded wonderful, so its probably worth seeing. It is located near the ghetto memorial which you will definitely see.

We were there in late April so its probably similar to what you will find weather-wise. It was chilly and sometimes rainy during much of this trip. Usually, we were able to remove our jackets in the afternoon, but be prepared with sweaters, jackets and scarves.

Its a great trip. Be prepared for a good time.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file