November Trip

Just back from an amazing Essence of South America trip with Tauck - my first. Any one going on the Hawaii trip in Nov?
Any suggestions for things to do during leisure time in the 4 islands from past travelers? Any solo travelers out there for this trip?

Comments

• edited October 2014
    mikipdx wrote:
    Just back from an amazing Essence of South America trip with Tauck - my first. Any one going on the Hawaii trip in Nov?
    Any suggestions for things to do during leisure time in the 4 islands from past travelers? Any solo travelers out there for this trip?

We love Hawaii and we love Tauck tours (going on our 5th in January)

Everything you will do in Hawaii is great. We have a time share in Kauai and also visit Maui and Hawaii often.

Snorkelling if you like it is great in Maui both off the beach and in the crater at Molokini. There are several other sites that are good for more experienced divers. Hanauma Bay on Oahu is a great beginner spot. Kauai also has great snorkelling but these are more at the mercy of the seasonal winds in terms of swimming safety.

The Kilauea volcano on Hawaii is still erupting after about 20 years and is a spectacular sight to see. If you prefer your volcanoes on the quiet side, there are lava fields on all the islands, and Haleakala volcano is a wonderful spectacle at sunrise.

Whales visit all the islands, but are particulary attracted to Maui in the winter. They can be seen close to the shore in many places and are quite visible from the many whale boat excursions.

Food is good all over, pricey and touristy on most islands. If you want a luau, we like the Old Lahaina luau on Maui. Most hotel luaus have watered down drinks and mediocre food. For a fun thing to do in Lahaina (Maui) go see the magic show Warren and Annabel (look up the website).

If you just want to relax, its hard to find a bad beach. Have fun
  • Went in May as a solo traveler. This trip has more free time than others. I have been on three Tauck tours. The hotels are topnotch and food great. Minna, our TD. was wonderful and so informative. I feel that I learned so much regarding the culture and the beauty and history of all of the islands. You will have plenty of time to swim and snorkel if you so desire. There is plenty of time to relax and enjoy the warmth and beauty of the islands. Enjoy for it is an amazing trip.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file