Options

Welcome to Tauck’s The Best of Ireland Forum

Welcome to Tauck’s The Best of Ireland Forum- Find the answers to your trip questions, answer questions posted by fellow travelers, plus share your Tauck experiences and stories. Stop by often and join in on the discussions.

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2012
    I am looking for a reply to the comments about the trip to the Dingle peninsula. Has there been any revision to the route taken on the return trip. Thanks.
  • Options
    Hello Paula R,

We are still going to the Dingle Peninsula on Day 3 of the tour. Is there any additional information you are looking for? For the full itinerary you can click on the link below or you can call 1-800-788-7885 to speak to someone.

http://www.tauck.com/tours/europe-tours/great-britain-and-ireland-tours/ireland-tour-ir-2012.aspx

Thanks,
    Emily
  • Options
    To Tauck Emily - Moderator Have you read any of the comments on the Best of Ireland forum? Paula R. and I are not asking if Tauck still goes to the Dingle Peninsula. We want to know if any changes have been made since other travelers made comments about what a frustrating ride it was. Clyde Courtwright and others commented that if you were on the right side of the bus you saw nothing but green grass for 3 hours. I have called Tauck 2 times about this as we are going on this trip this summer and would like to know if it has been revised. After reading the posts on this forum it looks like I am not the only person that would like an answer. Please read the comments and respond.
  • Options
    Hi! I'm Australian & new to Tauck having been recommended by friends David & Sue. I am interested in travelling in April/May/June 2013 to Ireland on the Best of Ireland tour. When are the dates & prices for next year relaesed? What is the earliest I can register interest in a tour & secure a place. I am looking for a single booking in my own room. Thanks! Izzontour
  • Options
    SusyQ wrote:
    To Tauck Emily - Moderator Have you read any of the comments on the Best of Ireland forum? Paula R. and I are not asking if Tauck still goes to the Dingle Peninsula. We want to know if any changes have been made since other travelers made comments about what a frustrating ride it was. Clyde Courtwright and others commented that if you were on the right side of the bus you saw nothing but green grass for 3 hours. I have called Tauck 2 times about this as we are going on this trip this summer and would like to know if it has been revised. After reading the posts on this forum it looks like I am not the only person that would like an answer. Please read the comments and respond.

Hello SuzyQ,

Our Tour Directors now do a special mid-day seat rotation to afford all of our guests an equal amount of those wonderful coastal views. Those on the driver side will move to the door side and vice versa.

We have also adjusted our itinerary day timing, so we can build in more photo stops on this day.

I hope this helps,
    Emily
  • Options
    To Moderator EMily - Thanks for your response to our questions. Maybe you could answer another one for me. I see on our itinerary that we go to the Giant's Causeway in N. Ireland. It does not mention this but I was wondering if while we are on the N. Antrim Coast if we go to the Carrick-a-rede Rope Bridge? It looks like a great stop and appears to be only apx 9 miles east on the ANtrim Coast. Check it out on line if you are not familiar with it. If it is not a planned stop now - could it be one? I realize Tauck cannot indulge every whim of every traveler. Just a suggestion. A couple years back we took the Tauck Great Britain tour and we were close to Runnymeade Field but not going to go by it and I asked the tour director if we could and we did. It was great. These tours are once in a lifetime trips for most of us. We don't want to miss anything. Thanks for your time.
  • Options
    Hi SusyQ,

Yes !
    Following our visit at Giants Causeway en route to our destination Belfast we pass Carrick-a-rede Rope Bridge. As our coaches would be unable to convoy guests down a steep incline (and thus a steep climb) we drive further on and stop at a safe area where we can pull in and permit our guests an opportunity to disembark the coach view it and take pictures from which a wonderful elevated position they have the best view etc.

Hope this helps,
    Emily

• Options
    We returned from the "Best of Ireland" Tour last Monday and I would Like to Address the Questions I've been hearing about the "Dingle Peninsula" Ride!!!

The Views from the Bus were Amazing! The comments I've been seeing do Not Hold Any Merit at all!
    No matter where you happen to be on the Bus we were able to "See It All" and Photograph from the Bus when and if it was needed!

As far as Photo Ops go, the Bus Stops when it can! Sometimes the Road might be a Single Lane without any place to put a very Large Bus but the Bus Driver in our Case was Leslie and he did a fantastic Job of stopping when was allowable!

Look around at some of the "Best of Ireland" threads and you will be able to see some of my other Images!

Here is One I had taken right outside "The Aghadoe Heights Hotel and Spa" just across the small Street!

© 2012 Mark G Photography

7709560948_47bf530a63.jpg
    2012Jul20_Ireland_5613 by mad_1_spider, on Flickr
  • Options
    Is "The Best of Ireland" going to be offered in 2016?
  • Options
    LBerger wrote:
    Is "The Best of Ireland" going to be offered in 2016?

If I were a betting man, I would say a big yes. It is one of the most popular tours as evidenced by the large number of additional departures added since Tauck first posted the 2015 schedule and how quickly they fill up! There is always the chance that the itinerary will change slightly, but keep checking back and register early- since they really do fill quickly, especially the small group departures.

We signed up for the 5 Sept 2015 Small Group departure way back in May of 2014! It was fully booked by Sept 2014, a year out!
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    I was on the tour last year; it is a terrific one. For a couple of nights, we stayed at Ashford Castle (which also has a falconry site on the premises). The castle, which was gorgeous before, and has now just finished renovations and is even more beautiful. Check out these photos from the L.A. Times: http://www.latimes.com/travel/la-trb-ashford-castle-20150305-photogallery.html.
  • Options
    What gorgeous shots! They certainly know their market, don't they. I wonder if the port decanter beside that amazing bath is a standard amenity?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file