Options

Botswana, South Africa and Zambia 17 September 2014

My Husband and I are leaving to Botswana South Africa and Zambia trip on 17 September 2015 Trip ...
Any tips from travelers who have traveled earlier this year.

ALSO HOW IMPORTANT IS IT TO GO A DAY EARLY FOR THIS TRIP.

ANYONE ELSE ON THIS TRIP ?

THANKS

MALINI

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2015
    Go at least a day early! You will have some very early morning calls, you need to adjust your body clock before the tour really starts, two days may help a little, better still three.
  • Options
    I couldn't agree more with British.....you need to adjust to the time change and perhaps an altitude change. Your flight, no matter where you are coming from will be long. Enjoy your trip but by all means, get in a day or two early!
  • Options
    Hi,

At least 24 hours ahead of time. We arrived in SA at about 8pm on a Saturday. By the time we got to the hotel it was 10pm. Ok no biggie BUT we slept till noon on Sunday. As a matter of fact there was another couple on our flight from Amsterdam to SA that slept till noon too. We didn't mean to it is just that the travel really wore us out. Even though we didn't realize it. Better to get there a few hours or a day early than miss any part of this tour :) Trust me it is worth every second and penny :)

Rich