Options

What to take, what to leave

Someone on a specific forum asked a question about what other travelers would take on their next trip but hadn't in the past (I'm paraphrasing). I thought it was a great question and wanted to open this up to a wider forum and expand it. So.

What item(s) do you plan to pack for your next tour or cruise, and what do you plan to leave behind? Here are mine:

After 1 cruise (yeah, we're novices) I will be investing in compression socks to improve flying and walking (I hope) and a 2 prong adapter for my headphones so they will fit the airlines 2 prong outlets. I'll be leaving behind my travel iron (will borrow the ships) and reduce the dress clothes (fellow passengers will just have to get used to the same ole same ole outfits).

So, what's on other travelers lists of what to take and what to leave? Please specific tour/cruise/location if pertinent.

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2015
    I now travel with a large expandable 21 inch. I put all my shirts in a cube. What doesn't fit gets left home and I wash out shirts and underclothes through out tour. No longer am I aposed to washing on vacation. I leave with the extra room closed so plenty of room for a few souvenirs.

No one ever says "oh, you are wearing that again." I read on a blog once the people took just a few t-shirts for their trip feeling who cares if always swearing the same stuff and that is what I feal now with my trips.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    I really love to travel to places with amazing beach that is why I always bring my circle beach towel made of microfiber. It is very efficient for sunbathing. It is very light and isn't bulky. I leave behind my regular towels as I can have one from hotels.
  • Options
    I have very sensitive skin and learned the hard way that even top notch hotels can use laundry detergents that cause a bad reaction, so I try to take a couple of pillow cases that I put on over the hotel pillow cases, my own face cloth and a bar of Ivory soap (partly used, so I don't have to carry a full bar) for hand-washing underwear.
  • Options
    Ouch, what a pain for you.

Since I started this post, I found a new idea for packing earrings or other small jewelry items - a cheap dollar store Sun-Sat pill container. Each compartment should hold at least 1 pair.

And of course, there's always clean, empty zip locks in every size from snack to 2 gallon. Very handy.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    There are some important thing you have to take before went for a Travel.
    1. Bring copies of all your required travel documents.
    2. Pack an extra set of clothes in your carry-on bag.
    3. Bring a charger and adapter of your mobile and camera.
    4. Check of the condition of your health. etc..