Options

Botswana,SA & Zambia vs. from Elegant SA or Tanzania trips?

Greetings Safari enthusiasts! We have travelled with Tauck to Tanzania (during Migration - wow!) as well as on the Elegant South Africa tour (another incredible experience). We are considering this newer trip but am interested in the opinions of any travelers which took other Africa tours with Tauck-- and also travelled on this Botswana/Zambia tour. Specifically:

1. since we already spent time at Victoria Falls and Cape Town - will those portions of this newer tour be different or somewhat repetitive? It appears that this tour offers different perspectives or experiences, but we are not sure?

2. We notice that tours that involve access to professional camera equipment and expertise as well as filming seem to cost a few thousand more $$ than our previous tours without those "benefits". We are not particularly interested in this "benefit" and would love to hear from someone as to your thoughts in this regard.

Thanks much!

Comments

• Options
    I have taken the Kenya and Tanzania Tour, the Tanzania tour and the Elegant South Africa tour. I have booked the Botswana, SA and Zambia tour for next year.
    There is no choice of tours now, they all appear to be Earth Journeys. The feedback, little though there is on the Earth Journeys that I have read on this forum have not been brilliant, one review, not necessarily on this itinerary even stated the group failed to see the special movies that were promised and they had to ask about the equipment. But now there is no choice of journey.
    There is a bit of repetition in Cape Town from what I read, but then I loved Cape Town, so one visit would not be enough for me, I can't wait to go back and get a chance to enjoy more, even if it means seeing something again, so what! I don't necessarily do a tour for any kind of bucket list, I am beginning to curse Morgan Freeman and Jack Nicholson for making that term so popular. Victoria Falls--you are going to be seeing that from a different country, I have no idea how different Zambia is from Zimbabwe but the Falls will look different, I can't wait to see about that either.
    The safaris will be different, one of the camps will have no electricity, so that's even a little more rustic than one of the camps we stayed at in Tanzania ( which by the way is my favorite country in Africa that I have had the good fortune to visit) Some of the wildlife will be different and of course every safari each day is different.
    Please think of this journey as a totally different experience, because it will be different. The One and Only in Cape Town is also supposed to be an amazing hotel, I just wish we had time to extend the journey at the end as well as the beginning. For a short time, Tauck had a tour that included Namibia, I just hope there is a chance that comes back too because I have seen some fantastic documentaries on that country recently.
    If you go on the tour soon, please post a review on the forum on your perspective.
  • Options
    British wrote:
    The safaris will be different, one of the camps will have no electricity, so that's even a little more rustic than one of the camps we stayed at in Tanzania ( which by the way is my favorite country in Africa that I have had the good fortune to visit)
    If you go on the tour soon, please post a review on the forum on your perspective.

Hi,

I took this trip back in 2013 and it was totally amazing. Yes one of the camps had no electricity or should I say was not on a 'power grid' but I didn't miss it. They do have a charging station so you can charge your cameras etc.... I won't give anything away but believe it or not some of the best memories I have of this trip is this camp. Well that is hard to say b/c this entire trip was just one fantastic memory after another.

British you hit the nail on the head 'the safaris will be different'. The entire adventure will be different. Embrace it :) If you are lucky enough to enjoy one or many of Taucks trips then do so with an open mind. I did and I still cannot stop remembering and enjoying this trip over and over.

BTW this was my first Tauck tour. Next is a river cruise in Europe in August :)

One more thing, feel free to contact me at anytime about this trip. I am more than happy to sing its praises. No I do not work for Tauck :)

Cheers!

Rich