June 21, 2015 Tour

Hi....my name is Laura and I'm taking my Godchild on the Castles and Kings tour 6/21/15. She'll be almost 16 when we go. Anyone else with teens going as well?

Comments

• Hello Laura. Our daughter will have turned 16 about a week before the tour, she will be thrilled that another teenage girl will be on the trip! Look forward to meeting you both.
  • Wonderful! She'll be thrilled! Her 16th birthday will be on July 1.
  • just realized I must have two "identities" here. ldallam and laurashelby are both me :)
  • Where are you traveling from? We are flying out of Philadelphia on the 17th, spending a few extra days in London before the tour starts. Madelyn wanted a few uninterrupted shopping days!
  • We have extra 2 extra nights in London and 1 in Paris. We'll be leaving from Baton Rouge (through Atlanta) on the 18th. I got us tickets for Phantom on Saturday.
  • I found out the girls/boys info for our tour. A nice group of kids I think!

4 boys - ages 10, 14, 16 (x2)

11 girls- ages 13 (x3), 15 (x2), 16 (x2), 17 (x2), 18 & 20
  • Hi Laura, I am sure you and your God-daughter are getting as excited for the trip as we are! I can't believe it is only about a month away! I should look into whether or not there are still tickets available for Phantom, Madelyn would love that! Also wish we had added an extra night in Paris. We will just have to go back another time ????! It looks like there is a great group of kiddos on the tour, so,looking forward to meeting everyone. Safe travels!
  • Yes, I can't believe it's so close. We booked it so long ago, it seems! :) We're doing the matinee on Saturday for Phantom....that might be an option if there aren't any evening tickets. We're also both excited because we got tickets to do the Harry Potter Studio tour on that Friday when we arrive. That should be really fun! I guess we'll see you soon....safe travels to you as well!
  • ldallam wrote:
    Yes, I can't believe it's so close. We booked it so long ago, it seems! :) We're doing the matinee on Saturday for Phantom....that might be an option if there aren't any evening tickets. We're also both excited because we got tickets to do the Harry Potter Studio tour on that Friday when we arrive. That should be really fun! I guess we'll see you soon....safe travels to you as well!

Please forgive me for making what I think is a sensible comment here, but I think you are being over ambitious booking the Harry Potter tour on the day you arrive. Most flights to London are 'overnight' which means you will arrive around equivalent of 3am US time. you have to negotiate A very busy Heathrow airport and even though Tauck will be picking you up, it can't perform miracles getting you into London. Even if you are in Businessclass, a 5 to 6 hour flight is not giving you much time to sleep, the crew generally wake you at least an hour before the plane lands. Hopefully you can check into your room early. Harry Potter studio appears to be twenty miles from central London, in London area traffic, that is a very long way, maybe an hour or more to get there,you have a very long day ahead of you and jet lag too. Please forgive me if I misunderstand the details you have shared, but that is what it looks like to me.
  • edited June 2015
    Hi British....I appreciate the head's up and advice. I'm a seasoned traveler though and know all the things you've mentioned. We arrive at 7:05 am and the tour is not until that afternoon. I actually do better if I stay up and just go to bed early....that's how I handle jet lag the best. Fortunately we will be in business class so will get a little nap in as well. Unless our flight simply gets delayed a day, I think we'll be okay. If not, we'll just book it for another day. We have the tour booked from central London (on a tour bus) so we just have to get to the pick up point in London. Again, I appreciate the advice :)
  • Have a great time and post about the Harry Potter trip, it might be of use to others. It's good that you are one of those rare birds who can function with a couple of hours sleep. From my extensive travel experience and most of my friends who travel we just can't function so well.
  • I'll definitely post about it....we're very excited about the trip. :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file