Yellowstone & Grand Tetons North

Anyone going on this tour June 15 th ?
Also, anyone who has been on this tour in the past, any helpful information would be appreciated.

Comments

• Hi Lee!
    You are going to enjoy every minute of this trip. We took the 5-23-15 departure, which was the first one for the season. Murray Rose was the TD, and Steve was the coach driver. Both were excellent. With six hotel changes, some were not up to par, but we expected that. Our favorite place was Cody, WY because we enjoyed the Dan Miller Cowboy Revue, Holiday Inn, and the Buffalo Bill Museum. We had a two night post stay in Rapid City and enlivened the trip further with visits to Badlands National Park, Wind Cave, Minuteman Missile Site, Museum of Geology, Wall Drug, and the Mammoth site. Mt. Rushmore was absolutely breathtaking. Food was okay. And there were lots of places to eat nearby the Adoba Eco Hotel in Rapid City. Everyone on this tour was most congenial. Importantly, no one was late. Weather was cold, which we like. There was snow on the higher elevations. Have fun....
  • Thanks for your response Susan. Can you give me any wardrobe tips ?
  • Lee,

The key words are casual and comfort. Take a rain slicker, scarf, gloves. A light jacket should be sufficient (not a heavy winter coat). You dress in layers and peel off clothes as the day progresses. We took ratty sneakers; I had a pair of the winter Go Walks from Skecher's. These were discarded after we completed the visit to Badlands. A small backpack is good during the day. I had a cap that I didn't really use because of the wind. Jackets or hoodies are great to use. I shop at LL Bean.
  • Thank you so much, this really helps. Will post comments when we return.
  • On the Tauck meals, were you allowed to order off a regular menu or did you have set choices?
  • Always off menu or buffets.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file