Galapagos shoes

We are going on the August 16 trip and are still unsure about shoes. Has anyone been successful with the water socks? If they work well, it would be good to not have to take shoes for water landings and shoes for dry. Other question, it anyone has worn water shoes (Keen or Merrill) for water landings, is it uncomfortable continuing wearing them on dry land?
Winnie

Comments

• There were those who had every variety and combination you describe! I ended up going bare foot for wet, sandy landings. The crew will tell you what to expect. I took socks and enclosed, lace up, water shoes which I changed into on the beach. There were always plenty of towels. At one point we walked through a shallow "lagoon" area. Then I went sockless in my "water shoes"! I hated the squishing, but needs must! Many people just wore the Merrill type open water sandals all the time. My little tootsies are too tender to go without socks. It would have been blister central. As it was I taped up the backs of my heels as a precaution and carried spare socks in my day pack. It wouldn't make a fashion shoot but it worked well for my feet! Yes, some people had the very light, water slipper type things for the landings. I had them, too, but in the end it was too much hassle. Easier to be bare footed on the sand and then just dry your feet.

Once you have the shoes worked out (for you) you can look forward to The Most Fabulous of trips. It's life changing.

Cheers,

Jan
  • Jan, Thank you for your quick reply. I was not sure that the water landings were all on sand. You were most helpful. We look forward to a fabulous trip.
    Winnie
  • Oh, you're welcome, Winnie. You will have the most fabulous time. I'd love to go again!

Cheers,

Jan

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file