Options

Touring in October 2015

My husband and I are going on the Canyonlands Tour which meets/leaves on October 12th. Of course, we're taking the extra day at the front end!! We're both very excited although I'm a bit terrified of helicopters so I'll be skipping the 45 minute flightseeing. Otherwise, I'm gung ho!

Is anyone else going to be on this same tour?

Sandy (& Shawn)

Comments

• Options
    When I did this tour as a Bridges one a few years ago and the adult one many years ago, the flight over the area is not in a helicopter. You are in a small plane that holds about 20 people. The view from above is unbelievable and it is not as open as a helicopter is.
  • Options
    Yes it isaplane and the highlight of the tour for me.
  • Options
    MsDrze
    I have also signed up for the October 12th trip. I will arrive
    October 11th (or perhaps on October 10 - have not decided).
    I live in Boston area.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Hi MsDrze,

I just wanted to confirm that the others are saying -- no helicopters. The flightseeing uses a mixed fleet, which MAY include an 18-seater twin Otter aircraft or single engine Cessna 4/5 seaters. Planes fly over Rainbow Bridge and Lake Powell and then continue on for the optional Monument Valley flightseeing.

Please let me know if you have any questions!

-Tim
  • Options
    I am going on the October 16th American Canyonlands tour as a solo. Cannot wait to see the sights. Hope it is not uncomfortable being a singleton.
  • Options
    I went as a solo several years ago and there were several solo travelers on the trip plus sisters traveling together. You will not feel like a solo traveler. People are very welcoming and you will have a wonderful time. I have been on several Tauck tours as a solo traveler and this was probably my favorite. Have a wonderful time.
  • Options
    Thanks so much. That is very encouraging that solo travelers are well received.
  • Options
    Sockt2me, I have a lot of friends who travel solo. I wish I had the guts to do it. ;) Looking forward to the trip. October will be here before we know it!
  • Options
    Don't skip the plane ride. It is not a helicopter. It is very safe and on a clear morning a beautiful ride. You sit right behind the pilot who also points out some of the highlights. On my trip everyone did the plane ride. This is a wonderful tour of America the Beautiful. Very casual also. Don't need a dress for this one. Enjoy!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file