Rhine &moselle river cruise

I am considering a river cruise on the Rhine/Moselle in 2016. In the past some cruises could not cruise the Moselle because of water conditions is there a better time to travel so I will not miss the Moselle experience.

Comments

• Just got back from this trip - the river was low but no real problems. You can never outsmart Mother Nature though.
  • We were on the Rhine and Moselle in early June of this year and had no problems. Going down the Moselle was a beautiful experience. One gorgeous evening after dinner on the sundeck with fellow guests was an experience I will always treasure. Mother Nature has always been good to us on the river cruises we have been on with never a problem with water levels -- so far.
  • The only cautions I've heard about the Moselle are problems with high water levels when the cruise ships can't get under the bridges. That usually happens in the spring after winter snow melt. The Danube and Elbe are the most prone to water level problems.

Have also read in several forums (not Tauck's) that Tauck does the best job of any of the cruise lines in dealing with water level problems.
  • We took this cruise with Tauck this past spring (our 7th Tauck trip and 2nd rivercruise with them) - it was one of my favorite trips ever. Don't misis it. The castles and scenery you glide past are amazing and one afternoon is devoted to a section of the river that highlights a concentration of castles and I believe is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The towns and cities you see are spectacular, and even though we'd been to a couple of them previously on land tours, it was still fresh to see them again (such as Strasbourg). We have never had any issue with water levels, luckily, but I do know and believe that Tauck is the best in handling such situations so make the most of your trip in any case.

Don't miss this trip - it was exciting to see the Moselle, and everyone loved saying they went to Luxembourg!
    Good luck!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file