Options

jewish prague

we will be arriving a couple of days early in prague. we are going on the may 19 blue danube/eastbound
does anyone have any suggestions for exploring jewish prague..doing things that will NOT be a part of
our ship tour excursion..or any other memorable things to do in and around the city that would also not be a part of the s tour itinerary?
thanks emily and marc

Comments

• Options
    Check with concierge to get tickets to concert. We went to one at Liechtenstein Palace and saw a great concert. They were very talented and funny too.
  • Options
    Emmy,

Because it was a day when the synagogue we were scheduled to see was closed to the public, our non Tauck tour company offered us an optional tour to the Terezin concentration camp outside of Prague. It was sobering and depressing, but also very educational. I can't say we enjoyed it because we didn't. However, it was very much worthwhile and I'm so glad we took it. Terezin was not a killing camp in the sense that Auschwitz was, yet thousands lived and died there under appalling circumstances. You might want to google viator/Prague. They offer a tour of the camp. Their website also makes other suggestions of things to do in Prague. Prague is a beautiful city, so you'll love your visit there.
  • Options
    emmy1229 wrote:
    we will be arriving a couple of days early in prague. we are going on the may 19 blue danube/eastbound
    does anyone have any suggestions for exploring jewish prague..doing things that will NOT be a part of
    our ship tour excursion..or any other memorable things to do in and around the city that would also not be a part of the s tour itinerary?
    thanks emily and marc

Prague is a beautiful city. We used our extra day to just enjoy the areas we liked ... the old town square, and walked back to the castle over the Charles Bridge. Our "tour" day was a bit cloudy, but our extra day was spectacularly sunny.
    By the way, the better restaurants in Prague require "advance" reservations. We tried to get a reservation at "Field" on the day of ... no way. I would research the restaurants, and reserve befiore you leave home. Tauck has a list but I did not save it. There are several places that are not on the list that are also close to the hotel that we thought were quite good.

In Budapest I did a goulash tasting game ... the best goulash I found was in the hotel restaurant at the Kempinski.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file