Options

England, Scotland, Wales August 21, 2016

We're going to St. Andrews for golf first and then going down to Edinburgh on the 21st. Is anyone else doing golf before the trip?

Any suggestions on "must sees" during any free time on the trip?

Comments

• Options
    We are two couples from Williamsburg, VA. We are taking the same trip, coming in to Edinburg a day early and doing some sightseeing outside of town. As much as we'd like to play, we decided against it and are doing walking tour of the birthplace of golf on Sunday. Good time for walking on the course since no golf allowed on Sunday, just pictures.
  • Options
    We'll be in St Andrews from August 16 until the 21st at the CastlemountB&B. We were in Scotland two years ago and walked the course. Only my husband golfs and he's always wanted the chance to play the courses there. I loved the town of St Andrews so we decided to go back there before the tour starts. We're from Pennsylvania and this is our first Tauck tour; we've done Viking and CIE previously. We're both retired teachers.
  • Options
    My wife and I did a Tauck Riverboat Tour (Romantic Danube) in 2007. Had a wonderful time. Tauck is first class they really take care of you. Comparable to Viking River Cruise, a little better. We have friends that have taken this tour and raved about it, we are looking forward to going. We stay an extra 3 days in London - not at the Savoy, a more economical although not as nice Hotel. Already purchased London Pass with Travel Card for our stay - gets you into different venues for free and get to skip the lines.
  • Options
    We're not staying afterward; it was between that and the golf. From the itinerary it all looks first class. If you get up to St Andrews ( I always type Andrews and they substitute employee's name for some reason) while we're there, stop by Castlemount for a drink or cup of tea. We look forward to meeting you. We saw the Tattoo two years ago; it was outstanding. We had toured Scotland and Ireland and then went to the Penn State game in Dublin. George and I are really looking forward to this trip

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file