Options

Teens on Trip

Just thought I'd introduce our family - this is a high school graduation trip for our son! Four of us will be on the July trip - Roger (Dad), Alexandra (me - Mom), Erin (20) and Morgan (17). We heard there may be some other teens on the trip, so that will be fun. We are from Costa Mesa, CA, and look forward to meeting all our fellow travelers!

Comments

• Options
    We are also taking our son on a high school graduation gift-trip! But we are on the one departing June 5. Any other teen or young adults on ours?
  • Options
    What a wonderful experience for your teenagers. Have no fears about them fitting in with the seniors. Our first Tauck experience was to the Rockies 18 years ago with our then 13 year old and she had a wonderful time. Maybe that the older passengers can see their own image again at that age and they certainly made our daughter welcome and gave great encouragement - a bit like having 38 grandparents around her really!
    Tauck delivers such wonderful experiences that the younger travellers are so lucky to have such an opportunity. The only thing about teenagers is their usual reluctance to rise in the morning, and for that we recall constantly our the wise words of our Tour Director about early mornings ...."This is a tour not a vacation". By the time they have been on the tour a day or so they realise that early starts are essential to get all the Tauck experiences fitted in.
    Have a wonderful time - I am sure your teens will gain so much.
  • Options
    One of the most valuable things you can do for your children is to take them travelling to experience other cultures. Our children were about 8 and 11 when we took them to Japan. They loved it, they were just full of wonder and a great hit with the local children who wanted to be photographed with them wherever we went. In those days, seeing and eating sushi was not done in England and we have some great photos of our son trying sushi out for the first time, now he will try anything. They will also get a kick out of the funky fashions and hairstyles the young people wear too. You are going to have an incredible time.
  • Options
    ArgentRose wrote:
    Just thought I'd introduce our family - this is a high school graduation trip for our son! Four of us will be on the July trip - Roger (Dad), Alexandra (me - Mom), Erin (20) and Morgan (17). We heard there may be some other teens on the trip, so that will be fun. We are from Costa Mesa, CA, and look forward to meeting all our fellow travelers!
  • Options
    And I will introduce our family traveling on the July departure...Tom & Betty Cobb, from FL & WY, traveling with our granddaughter Chloe, 16. Chloe lives in NC, upcoming junior and volleyball player. I am so pleased that there will be other teens on our tour. We are looking forward to meeting our fellow travelers as well.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file