Golden Week April 2017

We have booked this trip for April 22 2017. I have been reading about the crowds during the Japanese celebration of Golden Week. I am wondering if we should reschedule because the crowds may be quite large and events may be impacted. Anyone have any information on this?

Comments

• We have booked this trip for April 22 2017. I have been reading about the crowds during the Japanese celebration of Golden Week. I am wondering if we should reschedule because the crowds may be quite large and events may be impacted. Anyone have any information on this?

Golden Week is one of the reasons we ended up booking the April 14 trip. This might be worth a call to Tauck to ask them about impact. I'd be interested in hearing about what you find out if you do call.
  • We just returned from this trip on May 3, 2016. Our tour ended just as Golden week was starting. We did not see a great increase in the crowds. There are 237 million people living in an area the size of California. There will be people no matter when you go. The week you're planning on is right around Cherry blossom time which if the weather cooperates will be awesome. Also seeing the Japanese Culture in action is part of the reason why we travel.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file