Options

Salzburg or Cesky Krumlov excursion?

We are taking the Prague to Budapest cruise in July. We have a choice of full day excursion to either Saltzburg, Austria or Cesky Krumlov. Any recommendations?

Comments

• Options
    If you have not been to Salzburg do that. I believe offer to Cesky Krumlov is offered for people who have no interest in doing Salzburg again. Some people have done Salzburg on previous visits to Europe.
  • Options
    I am not sure what you're interests are, but we have been to Salzburg once and that was enough. We are on this cruise next May and from what we have read, Cesky Krumlov sounds more interesting. But, once again it depends on what you are interested in seeing. Enjoy the cruise!
  • Options
    I was on the Blue Danube sailing two years ago in late August. I read about both cities ahead of time. Each had their separate appeal, but I decided on Salzburg primarily because of my interest in Mozart. Visiting his birthplace was a highlight for me. I found Salzburg charming, albeit a bit crowded as the day wore on. Tauck provided a walking tour of some of the highlights, after which we had free time to wander and have a local lunch. I spoke with others on the ship on took the Cesky Krumlov tour to compare notes. Most reported enjoying the day. I don't think you'll go wrong with either choice. It really does come down to doing a little research and deciding which destination holds more appeal for you. By the way, both trips require a bus ride of an hour or more.
  • Options
    poliver wrote:
    We are taking the Prague to Budapest cruise in July. We have a choice of full day excursion to either Saltzburg, Austria or Cesky Krumlov. Any recommendations?
    We took Cesky Krumlov. Very enjoyable. Eat lunch at Jakob's.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file