Options

Clothing for rail tour

The pictures I have seen for the rail tour that we take on the first night shows people a little dressier than I was anticipating. Can anyone tell me what the proper clothing would be for this welcome dinner?

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2016
    Where did you see the pictures?
    Ok, well I did find the Company website, do you mean those pictures. If so, I am hoping that those are like the pictures you see when you book a Caribbean getaway and they show pics of gorgeous looking people lounging around, but when you get there it's a bunch of old fat old people instead. If not, then I have to go out and look for a similar red dress so I can out-do the girl with the plunging neckline and the enhanced breasts. Who's going to be looking out of the window for wildlife with those on display right inside the cabin. But let's calm down, keep our money in our purses and our eyes in our heads and wait and see if those who have already been on the tour respond here!
  • Options
    For the rail dinner I plan to wear a blue 3/4 sleeve Travelsmith dress that I can dress up with a scarf, earrings and necklace!! The dress can be very casual too! No plunging necklines for me!!
  • Options
    We took this trip two years ago. It is an adventure! You will really enjoy it.

Attire on the train was mostly safari to casual clothes. You will have a chance to view the sights outside at the back of the train. It can get dusty out there.

One couple dressed up, but they like to do that.
  • Options
    Great!! Forget the dress! I will travel safari casual!! Thank you for the post!
  • Options
    Do you have any other recommendations for clothing? Especially since you have been there and back!!
  • Options
    Earth tones for the safari clothes.

A wide brim hat with a strap to keep it on your head during the road/path/dirt trips!

• Options
    Alright !! I am ready to go!! I used OneBag.com packing list for a plan for how much to pack, really kept me focused!
  • Options
    Great responses. Thank you all. I'm ready to go!
  • Options
    British... I think that photo of the woman in the red dress with plunging neckline must have been of me!!! (((blushing))) OK, now you have shamed me into leaving the dress at home this time around! What a pity.

mommeo16... I love onebag.com! You put it beautifully... "focused" is a good word.

The rest of you... I'm kidding about the dress. I'm totally wearing it! ;-)