Options

Sept 16,2016 spain and portugal

Jeff and Elizabeth are looking to see if anyone is booked on this trip. We will arrive a day early and stay in Madrid for a couple of extra days. Thinking of going to Barcelona for an overnight. Any suggestions on Hotels or dinning

Comments

• Options
    The Northern Spain tour stays at Le Meridien located on Las Ramblas, a great starting spot for Barcelona activities. We took a fabulous tapas and wine tour through Spanish Trails. I highly recommend it as a wonderful introduction to not only food and wine, but the four sections of Barcelona.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    When I went years ago, the tree-lined Barcelona Las Ramblas pedestrian street, was a really neat place to walk- cafes and wonderful shops with leather goods, Lladró porcelain, etc.

If you are at all interested in wooden ship models there used to be a shop on the left side a short way up the Ramblas as you leave the waterfront. I don't remember the name of the shop, but they used to sell the famous Artesania Latina and others brands of highly detailed wooden plank-on-frame ship model kits- 16th-19th century square-rigged whalers, galleons, American, British, French, Italian warships, etc. Each kit came with 100s of wood and brass parts, sails, rigging etc. Something to do while you are waiting for your next Tauck tour.

330px-La_Rambla_2009-06-10.jpg

330px-Spain.Barcelona.Les.Rambles.svg.png

seagifts_2268_1507030

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file