Anyone going to South Africa in 2016?

Would love to hear where u r coming from. We are going on the Oct 14th trip.
We r from LA! :)

Comments

• My husband and I are booked on the Elegant Adventure beginning July 1, 2016. We are from Kern County, California, about 150 miles North of Los Angeles.
  • We are booked on the February 26 Elegant Adventure tour and currently live just outside Atlanta, GA. We like to travel to the Southern Hemisphere during their summers (this year we went to Antarctica on a Lindblad/National Geographic expedition).

We want to extend our time in South Africa and are looking at things we want to do before and after the organized tour. Anyone heard anything about the Blue Train?
  • I leave on Sunday for the Botswana, S. Africa Tour and am excited...I am from Carlsbad, Ca
  • We are on the Elegant Adventure tour beginning May 6, 2016. We live in San Rafael, CA, north of San Francisco. Anyone else on this tour? ritac
  • edited March 2016
    Perhaps this is the second reply! Yes, let's meet up in the morning of the 6th May ? for breakfast - I dont get to Cape Town till late in the evening of the 5th from Australia so I can't guarantee a meeting time then.
  • nana bug

Sorry it took so long to respond. We've been in Palm Desert at the Indian Wells Tennis Tournament for a week. Yes, we'd love to meet you for breakfast on May 6th. My e-mail is ritachick@comcast.net if you want to connect directly. Looking forward to our trip and making new friends. ritac
  • edited May 2016
    Yes, we are going on the September 16 tour. Anyone else going on this date?
    The Elegant tour. We are from NYC
  • edited August 2016
    We are going on the October 12, 2016 trip. . We are from Jackson Hole, Wyoming. We are arriving on the 11th by Blue Train. Anyone's else going that date?
    Scott & Petria Fossel
  • We are going on The Elegant Adventure on July 1 and will be arriving a couple of days early in Cape Town. We are from Raleigh, NC and looking forward to this trip.
  • We are going on the August 31st 2106? anyone else on that date?
  • Pinotguy wrote:
    We are going on The Elegant Adventure on July 1 and will be arriving a couple of days early in Cape Town. We are from Raleigh, NC and looking forward to this trip.

I live in Raleigh, too! I leave for my "Elegant Adventure" on Nov. 1 for the tour beginning Nov. 4. Any chance we can have coffee?
  • We are going on Elegant Adventure, Nov 4 tour, arriving one day early. We're from the Chicago area. This is our first Africa and Tauck trip. Working on travel gear...any tips?
  • Lynn 38 - My husband and I are going on the Nov. 4 tour also, and we live in Fayetteville!
  • I am going to Botswana and South Africa soon. Can anyone tell me how awesome this trip is?
  • We are leaving Columbus Ohio on October 5th for the Elegant Adventure!! So excited. We are meeting friends who will be flying in from Dallas Texas. So excited.
  • edited September 2016
    Robbi: Are you going on the SA Elegant tour starting in Cape Town on October 12th? If so.... My wife & I will be on the same trip. We are coming from Jackson Hole Wyo, via DC, Dubai, Johannesburg, and Blue Train to Cape Town.
    Scott & Petria
  • Ok, we are arriving one day early too. Let's try to connect at the hotel. Looking forward to it.