Welcome to Tauck’s Grand European Family Holiday Forum

Welcome to Tauck’s Grand European Family Holiday Forum - Find the answers to your trip questions, answer questions posted by fellow travelers, plus share your Tauck experiences and stories. Stop by often and join in on the discussions.

Comments

• This trip looks fantastic ! Will you be offering a similar one for the adult crowd ?
  • I've travelled with Tauck twice before, but this trip was so much more than even I expected! Our tour director, Joseph, was wonderful - full of information and energy, good humor and patience. We shared adventures that we could never have had on our own - riding the Harry Potter Knight Bus through London - with a Death Eater chasing us; the girls dressing in 17th century costumes as we toured the French chateau, Veux le Viscount; making mosaics the way the ancient Romans did, with tiny cubes of colored stone; making chocolate art in Paris; leading alpacas and hunting for truffles on Umbrian farms. I could go on and on...

The trip was planned so meticulously that there was something to interest everyone of every age, and there was free time as well, so we could actually swim in the hotel pools, shop at Selfridges and tour Notre Dame. I knew that the last night dinner would be memorable, but I had no idea how magical it would be - at a private villa overlooking Rome. We had an al fresco conversation area with cushy white leather chairs and sofas, exquisite canapes and proscecco before dinner, live music during our white linen- candle-lit al fresco dinner and fireworks after sundown!

Our tour group was small - only 13 of us, but each of the girls had a friend her own age and after a little initial shyness, everyone got along very well. Our hotels were elegant and well-located for easy access to churches, museums, shopping and transportation. Moving through 3 countries can present challenges, but our luggage was transferred seamlessly - in one case, our luggage was sent ahead by truck while we flew with just our carryons to manage!

We enjoyed every mode of transportation, save that of donkey-cart: trains, planes, boats, busses, taxis, subways and golf-carts. It was a wonderful introduction to Europe for our family and a wonderful way to celebrate my younger daughter's 40th birthday. I enthusiastically recommend this Tauck Bridging trip for families comprised of experienced European travelers and those just being introduced to the wonders of Europe.

• Hi!! New member here and wanna say a friendly hello to all members, actually don't know where to make a introductive post.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file