Options

Luggage for the Tanzania to Zanzibar tour

I am trying to decide what is the best luggage option for this trip. We will be taking the Tanzania: Serengetti to Zanzibar tour on June 22nd. What have other travelers found as the best alternative. Can we take our rolling luggage as our primary with the Tauck duffel for the safari drives? I have thought about purchasing the rolling duffel bags for this trip.

Any help from Tauck or other travelers who have taken this trip would be great. I am very excited about this lifetime adventure as I have dreamed about going on a safari for a long time.

Comments

• Options
    Due to donations we brought of shoes and school supplies and the medical supplies my Uncle needed on this trip, we each had one large suitcase...not huge but large. Then in addition we had one carry on size suitcase each. We checked his carry on size and in mine we put our iPads, Cameras, Binoculars, Bose headsets, meds, snacks etc. so we had all of that on the plane with us above our seats and could get what we needed when we needed it without blocking the leg room in front of us or under the seats with a full back pack or overloaded purse. Then we incorporated the duffel bag for those four days we needed it. There is ample space in that bag so you can even use that coming home if you buy some things to bring back. After we donated the items we brought, we had more room for take home items. The luggage carts in Africa are free and Tauck then takes over your luggage from there so having an extra bag is not an issue if you need one. A few people in our group of 16 had the large duffel roller bags. If you are used to packing in a duffel, those looked great. Whatever you bring it will definitely get dinged, scratched and very dusty/dirty so don't buy something new if you don't have to. Rollers are nice though for sure! The airports in Africa were hot and dusty and you can see the guys pull up with a cart of luggage and start tossing it.

Have a great trip!

Josie :)
This discussion has been closed.