Tipping

What are the tipping customs in the countries visited on the Blue Danube cruise?
Any tours worth taking while in Prague for an extra day, things not included in the Tauck tours?
Thanks

Comments

• We leave for this trip next week! I know that Czech Republic tipping is 10-20% and the same in Hungary. The tax is included on the bill, but not the tip. We are arriving a day early and plan on doing some walking in the Old Town section of the city. It looks like there is a lot to see in Prague, but we will do the main squares and surrounding areas. We will leave the castle side of the river to the Tauck excursions.
  • They say that they are paid better wage than in the states. Recommend is 10% or nothing. I have problem being an American I can't leave nothing.
  • I would strongly suggest doing a little internet research about tipping for the various countries which you will visit...either google or trip Trip Advisor's Forum. I cannot remember specifics, but I do recall that in Belgrade we did not go back to the riverboat for lunch, instead choosing a restaurant in the city. Ironically, one of the TD's also showed up there, and we asked her about tipping when using a credit card. She noted that it is best to leave a small tip in cash and not to include it in the credit card tab as the server will probably not receive that tip. We continued doing that in the rest of the countries we visited, including Prague (although, I don't recall that being necessary there).
    If you are looking for an adventure outside Prague, six of us hired a van, driver and guide and took a day trip to Cesky Krumlov. It was outstanding!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file