Cash needs in Prague?

We are on eastbound Danube Reflections cruise July 20. We arrive a day early in Prague. Tauck says credit cards not widely accepted there. How much Czech cash do we need for a day in the city?

Comments

• My research disagrees with that. i have made two dinner reservations in Prague and one in Budapest ( we leave this Tuesday) and all of them take credit cards. Check Trip Advisor and I think you will be ble to see which places take credit cards. That said I am taking $50.00 in Czech currancy and $50.00 in Hungarian currancy to cover small incidental expenses. I aalso know that ATM machines are fairly common in all the countries we will be visiting.
  • We leave tomorrow for Blue Danube trip. Which restaurants did you pick in Budapest and in Prague? Just curious.
  • In Prague we dined at Teresa U Zlatne Student (beautiful view of the river and city).

In Budapest at Pesti Dizno Bisztro and Borkanyaha WineKitchen.

Credit cards worked at most places. Currency needed for taxis, and other incidentals.

• Traveler,
    In Prague we have reservations at Mlejnice Zatecka and Restaurance Minicova. In Budapest we are eating at Dubarry. All three are recommended in Trip Advisor, look interesting, and sound like authentic food. Which direction is your trip?
  • gregdude wrote:
    My research disagrees with that. i have made two dinner reservations in Prague and one in Budapest ( we leave this Tuesday) and all of them take credit cards. Check Trip Advisor and I think you will be ble to see which places take credit cards. That said I am taking $50.00 in Czech currancy and $50.00 in Hungarian currancy to cover small incidental expenses. I aalso know that ATM machines are fairly common in all the countries we will be visiting.
  • Topsey wrote:
    We leave tomorrow for Blue Danube trip. Which restaurants did you pick in Budapest and in Prague? Just curious.
  • Westbound leaving on May 18 but will arrive in Budapest on May 16.
  • Have a great trip, we leave tonight, begin trip on the 18th as well but east bound. I guess we will pass during the night!
  • tigerchill wrote:
    We are on eastbound Danube Reflections cruise July 20. We arrive a day early in Prague. Tauck says credit cards not widely accepted there. How much Czech cash do we need for a day in the city?
    Took this trip last year. used credit cards the whole time in prague

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file