Blue Danue Prague to Budapest June 15, 2017

My wife and I are arriving a day early in Prague (6/14). I was wondering about things to do in Prague that would not be seen on Tauck tour. Are there any others arriving early that might be interested in taking in the sites before the trip?

Comments

• My husband and I will be there on 6/14 also. We, too, would like suggestions for that day. I read on one post that a group of 6 hired a van and guide to go to Cesky Krumlov. That is a choice on day 5 of the tour, but we hope to do Salzburg that day.
  • We arrived a day early as well and went up to Petrin Hill on the funicular railway. You get great views over the city and there's a nice restaurant half way up. There's a local bus that leaves from the other side of the bridge from the Intercontinental hotel - the concierge will give you the number and the stop to get off at. We also took a boat trip up the river - the dock is under the same bridge and you can buy tickets from the concierge.
    A young guy called Janek Rubes publishes Youtube videos called "Honest Guide to Prague" that are a great source of information, particularly about not getting ripped off when changing money.
    Have fun, it's an amazing trip
    Ros
  • mcvoyp
    Sorry I did not see your post until today. Look forward to meeting you in Prague

Ros
    Thanks for the helpful info on Petrin Hill. I loved the youtube videos you suggested!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file