WHAT IS THE BEST TIME TO VISIT AUS & NEW ZLN

When is the best time to travel based on people who have taken the trip.
Thanks

Comments

• Weather varies vastly between the two countries so research carefully the temperatures you will be most comfortable with, that is why we chose to do the countries on separate tours, we do not like it hot, so did Australia in the Australian winter and also avoiding cyclone season. Then did Zealand during the NZ summer because we did not want to encounter snow in the Queenstown area.
  • We did this trip beginning about Feb 20 which began in Melbourne, Australia. The temperatures do vary widely between Australia and New Zealand and we really only had two very hot days in the outback when visiting Uluru. It was a fantastic trip and because of the great distance (and cost) to fly from the USA, we opted to fly out and back just once rather than splitting it up and having two sets of airfares. Think layers and you'll be fine.
  • We also did this trip beginning in mid-February (15th) on the recommendation of an Australian couple we met on a previous Tauck trip. It is their Fall, and our weather in Melbourne and the Outback was pretty warm but great elsewhere in Australia. We did have a rainy day in Queenstown and an overcast day on the Great Barrier Reef. Otherwise, we were pretty pleased with going at this time. I agree with AshvEd that we were doing this trip once, and this time was a good happy medium for us. It actually turned into a month long trip as we took a Fiji extension that Tauck was offering at the time.
  • I live in north east Victoria, and the best time to visit anywhere in Australia IMO, would be between March to May.
    It is out autumn and the weather is very stable. Lovely mild sunny days, 21-25 degrees Celsius, and the nights are nice and cooler for sleeping.
  • I understand that doing the tours separately involves two lots of airfare, but we could not take a three plus week break, but we were able to extend our trips at beginning and ends, giving us more time in 4 of the cities which is certainly good to see all the extra sites we would not have wanted to miss.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file