Halong Bay - January 8, 2017

We are going on the January 9, 2017 tour - Vietnam, Cambodia, and Thailand. We will be arriving in Hanoi on January 7 and are planning a day trip to Halong Bay on January 8. I saw that Viator has a private full day tour - pick up and return to hotel - full day in a private vehicle. Has anyone used this company for Halong Bay - or is there another company that is good, reliable, and has great drivers/guides? Would love to get some input before I book anything. Thanks!

Comments

• Personally, you should stay longer in Halong at least 1 night because Halong Bay's cruise is so wonderful and interesting in night. Furthermore, from Hanoi to Halong, you will spend 4hrs to transfer, so if you 1 day to travel, you can not travel much. About tour agency, I know Halong-bay-tours.com with a lot of promotion, you can refer it and read review about it on Tripadvisor.
  • Halong Bay is an ideal place in the North Vietnam. Right. Halong-bay-tours is not bad for the trip to Halong Bay. I am quite interested in the cruise here. For me, the price is reasonable.
  • We're also on the Jan. 9th trip, and are thinking about going to Halong Bay. Any further information you can share?
  • We used Viator in February 2016 prior to our Viet Nam, Cambodia & Thailand trip...we only had one free day to see Halong Bay...wish we had taken the overnight trip. Halong Bay is beautiful, not to be missed. We were in a van with 8 others, last to be picked up so we were in the backrow. It took me several days to recover from the bouncing around! Viator handles many tours, so you need to see what one fits your wishes the best. We stopped at a craft place going...don't buy a lot there! Many opportunities along the trip...This SE Asia Tauck trip is outstanding...exceeded our expectations...which were very high. Have a great trip...
  • @dbr:

Looking forward to meeting you.

All others: Thanks for the advice. We booked with Viator for an overnight (Jan. 8-9) so we could do the overnight trip to Halong Bay.
  • edited April 2017
    My family booked seperate tours ( Orchid cruise in Halong bay and saigon) from Bestprice travel last summer. I found this agency from Trip advisor. Ms Trang operated our itinerary greatly out of our expectation. We really thought it would be at least a mistake during the journey but nothing happened, perfect operation. My kids were excited with Foodie tour in ha noi city with Mark (our tour guide) . He was humorus n luckily the weather in hanoi at that time quite coddled us.

this company also provided services as u mentioned above, we were welcomed from airport, due to book visas and fast track service in advance so my family jusst sat and waited at airport after 13-hour flight from Australia and they did all the procedures for us. Got a private car, the receptionist at hotel was gentle. Transportations from hanoi to Halongbay and from Ha longbay to Sai gon were arranged logically.

If you plan to book Halong bay tour, 1 day is never enough for many interesting activities on cruise. Reorganized ur itinerary, I believe u wont regret spending time in Halongbay. u can consult our cruise itinerary here https://www.bestpricevn.com/Cruise_Orchid-Cruise.html
  • You should do overnight on a junk (better) OR on Cat Ba island (Lan Ha Bay) or on Titop island (Halong Bay). If you have more time, you should take a visit to Bai Tu Long Bay instead of Halong Bay.
  • edited October 2017
    I’ve used Viator in several foreign countries, including Hong Kong and they’ve never disappointed. Great for day tours. The tours are organized & reliable. Guides I’ve experienced have been well versed & interesting.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file