Luggage Restrictions

We will be on the Spotlight on Australia trip in February 2018. I am trying to find out details with regard to luggage for this trip. I know we will be taking several small charter flights. I need to know weight and size restrictions please!

Comments

• edited December 2017
    The spiral bound booklet you will receive from Tauck will detail everything you need to know about luggage size and weight restrictions. You will love this trip. From Tauck's website under "Before You Go"

Specific Luggage Restrictions for this Tour
    Due to strictly enforced weight restrictions, checked luggage weight must not exceed 50 pounds (23 kg) and with overall dimensions (length + width + height) not exceeding 62 inches (158 cm). Luggage exceeding the allowable weight is subject to excess luggage charges which can result in a considerable additional expense. Guests are permitted to only 1 piece of checked luggage. Hand luggage may not weigh more than 15 lbs (6.8 kg), and the maximum dimensions are 20 x 15 x 10" (50.8 x 38.1 x 25.4cm) (including all wheels, handles, etc). If these dimensions are exceeded, the carry-on may be checked at the gate. Airport regulations require that passengers handle their own luggage through customs. Besides complying with the Tauck restriction noted above, you should also be sure to research and comply with all airline baggage restrictions relating to your flights to and from your Tauck journey. Airlines have become much more strict in enforcing size and weight limits in recent years, and luggage exceeding airline standards for size or weight may result in expensive overage fees or other consequences. Airlines are free to revise luggage policies without notice, and certain airlines have different baggage allowances for different classes of service. Researching and complying with airline luggage restrictions is the responsibility of the guest, and Tauck cannot be held responsible for any costs or disruptions to travel caused by the failure to research and comply with airline policies.For your day-to-day travel while on tour, we recommend that you limit your hand luggage to a small, soft-sided carry-on piece, and that you bring only those items you need handy during the day such as make-up, medications, cameras, film, etc. Items too large to fit under the motor coach seat or on the overhead rack must be stored in the luggage bays beneath the motor coach, and may be inaccessible during daytime travel.Please be sure to attach your Tauck luggage tag to your suitcase before leaving home!
  • PenelopeG wrote:
    We will be on the Spotlight on Australia trip in February 2018. I am trying to find out details with regard to luggage for this trip. I know we will be taking several small charter flights. I need to know weight and size restrictions please!

We went to Australia last year. The restrictions on luggage for the internal flights are in fact VERY strict. We flew business class from the US into Melbourne, but when we flew coach from Melbourne to Hobart we had a major overage charge. My carry-on was 22 pounds and their limit was a strict 15 pounds.
  • As others have said, read the Tauck guidelines and make sure you stick within them................or be prepared for the consequences.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file