Options

Iceland - Time in ports

Can anyone give me a detailed TIME IN PORT on this trip....Tauck does not show detailed time in each port on this itinerary

Comments

• Options
    If no one answers, give Tauck a call, they will tell you.
  • Options
    Every night on board ship, a daily program for the next day was delivered to our cabin, usually while we were at dinner. The program was specifically prepared for Tauck guests. The program indicated the time Tauck groups would be meeting to depart for excursions and when we were due back on board (as well as on-board activities). My sense is that these times may vary somewhat cruise to cruise dependent on weather conditions. These were the times listed in the program for our cruise (July, 2016):

Grundarfjordur – Groups departed ship at 12:15 and 12:30 PM; due back on board by 6:00PM
    Grimsey Island – Groups began departing at 1:15; last tender to ship scheduled for 6:00PM
    Akureyri – Groups departed ship between 7:50 and 8:35AM; due back on board by 4:30 PM
    Isafjordur – Groups left ship at 7:45 or 8:00 AM; due back on board by 2:30 PM
    Heimaey – Groups left ship at 1:00 and 1:15 PM; due back on ship by 7:30PM
    Reykjavik – Groups left ship between 7:55 and 8:25 AM; back on board late afternoon
    Reykjavik (departure day) – Groups left ship between 8:00 and 8:45 AM dependent on travel plans

• Options
    Great information. What types of activities are available onboard ?
    Do you see much scenery while cruising ?
  • Options
    I wonder with the new ship debuting this summer, how will the schedule be adjusted?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file